Job: Maintenance Technician
Keywords: tileShare this page
This position along with the Maintenance Supervisor/Assistant Maintenance Supervisor handles the Service Requests and general maintenance requests for an apartment community. This position must be able to handle make-ready and grounds keeping/pool duties as assigned.
- Respond to resident/management requests and Service Requests.
- Use Service Requests and schedules to establish priorities. Supervisor’s requests and emergencies should be top priority.
- Repair/replace any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility.
- Identify and correct hazardous property conditions. During normal course of duty look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and repair/report to supervisor.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and apartments.
- Prepare vacant apartment for move-in.
- Review the make-ready board or take direction from supervisor to determine action to be taken on apartments.
- Make all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be occupied.
- Apply touch-up paint as needed to apartment and area outside entrances.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- May be requested to assist in other areas of property including painting, groundskeeping, trash pick-up, pool maintenance, housekeeping, office support, etc. depending on property needs.
- Attends and participates in Camden’s training program as required. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Experience and Specialized Training
- Position requires a minimum of 1 years general maintenance experience and at least 6 months apartment maintenance experience preferred. Must be able to handle tile work, carpentry repairs, and all facets of apartment make-ready. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair HVAC, plumbing, electric, and irrigation systems as well as major appliances and all other systems on property (gates, phone jacks, etc.).
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; trade school preferred
- Freon Recovery certification Type I and II, or Universal required if repairs involve use of refrigerants and preferred for position.
- Certified Apartment Service Technician (CAMT).
- Certifications in boilers, plumbing, HVAC (basic), journeyman license, use of fire extinguisher and first aid preferred. Must have training in compressor diagnosis, appliance repair, etc. Must have certifications/permits required by city or state to perform job responsibilities (i.e., pool operations, etc.).
- Key machine
- Sewer machine
- Sink machine
- Leak detector
- Ampro meter
- Volt meter
- Manifold gauges
- Charging cylinders
- Spray paint rig
- Air conditioners
- Water heaters
- Welding torches (A/C)
- Hand tools
- Propane torch (plumbing)
- Steam clean/shampoo machine
Visit our Benefits webpage Camden Benefits
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Camden reserves the right to add or change responsibilities at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.