Job: Transmission Line Construction Oversight
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Duke Energy Corporation
- 1 Sr Change Management Consultant - (Job Number: 123163)
- 2 Contact Channel Strategy Analyst - (Job Number: 123184)
- 3 Scientist II - (Job Number: 123190)
- 4 Metering Services Co-Op Rotation - (Job Number: 123118)
- 5 Sr Nuc Work Mgmt Spc - (Job Number: 123057)
- 6 Cust Svc Specialist-New Hire - (Job Number: 122942)
- View All Jobs
Browse Similar Jobs: Engineering/Architecture
Transmission Line Construction Oversight - 115288
Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
At this time, employees who are currently in craft positions are not eligible for posted craft positions if the transfer would require a change in legacy company. This limitation is in place for administrative purposes and will be reexamined as we complete the merger integration process. Please see your Human Resources Business Partner with any questions.
Responsible for ensuring oversight is provided for contractors performing construction on the Duke Energy electric transmission system. Will ensure work is completed safely and to design specifications. The scope of work will vary from simple upgrades on existing lines to the construction of new lines.
Responsible for identifying and resolving issues that could compromise the success of a project (e.g., design issues, material issues, contractor performance issues, access issues, customer issues). This position will also be involved in the sourcing process that ensures contractors awarded projects have the skills and qualifications necessary to execute the project successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project planning and development of oversight approach
* Ensure project scope is clearly defined at the outset of the project.
* Understand project specifications and interpret drawings and schematics.
* Identify project safety and environmental risks.
* Involved, as necessary, in the sourcing of the project to ensure contractors awarded projects possess the skills and qualifications necessary to complete project successfully.
* Understand terms and conditions of contractual arrangement in place on project (e.g., T&E, fixed price, unit bid).
* Understand and approve contractor staffing plan and construction schedule.
* Create plan for effective project oversight to include naming of person that will provide oversight and ensuring that appropriate materials and information is shared with the contractor during pre-construction meetings.
* Identify TCC involvement at the outset of the project.
Establish and maintain communications among all project/programs stakeholders
* Ensure that communications occur as necessary during construction with project management, region technical support, TCC, region relay C&M, region operating supervision, and PD engineering.
* Provide timely and accurate status reports for projects in construction.
* Proactively coordinate and communicate change orders and associated during construction.
Provide oversight during construction
* Identify and resolve material issues/shortages.
* Perform and document EH&S safety audits to ensure contractors are compliant with Duke Energy safe work practices.
* Monitor crew productivity for T&E contracts.
* Report all safety and environmental incidents.
* Perform and document on-going QA inspections during construction to ensure job specifications are being met.
* Validate units completed for invoicing.
* Ensure project documentation and as-built drawings are completed and submitted to the correct departments.
* Provide feedback on contractor performance.
* Ensure coordination of outages with customer, contractor, local operating personnel and TCC.
Prioritize personal project involvement to align with project risk
* Constantly evaluates risk present in the multiple projects underway simultaneously.
* Ensures that personal involvement is used to address issues that pose the most significant risk for critical project schedules or adherence to technical specifications.
* Maintains personal involvement in issues related to contractor performance (technical competence or safety related issues).
* Two year technical degree or relevant work experience
* Possesses in-depth knowledge of transmission system
* Demonstrated working knowledge of PD products and services, infrastructure, and organization
* Valid drivers’ license
* 10 + years of direct experience in the construction of transmission lines.
* Experience working with or creating transmission line job books.
* Demonstrated ability to read construction prints
* Experience in coordinating or supervising work of a few team members who assist in specific project assignments.
* Experience with software applications FileNet, eMax, Business Objects, P6
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately using oral and written communications.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills for complex project issues. Some problems can be resolved using available precedents, procedures, and guidelines; however, there will be many problems/issues for which there are no existing guidelines or precedents.
* Experience with or knowledge of operations within the Substation / Transmission department and supporting departments.
* Demonstrated interpersonal, human relations and communications skills to work efficiently with customers, team mates, and management.
Duke Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
North Carolina-Charlotte-DE Carolinas-Chlt,NC(Toddvlle) (1949)
Job Posting Opened
May 31, 2013
Job Posting Closes
Jun 7, 2013
Relocation Assistance Provided