Job: Senior Director of Real Estate Services
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Sr. Director, Real Estate Services (RES) in North Carolina will lead a fully integrated regional real estate services team focused on delivering quality solutions that enable the success of Fidelity business in the region. This region includes the Jacksonville site and any related work associates with Florida. The Sr. Director, Real Estate Services is accountable for the end to end service delivery of all real estate services provided within the region. This role will work closely with his/her counterparts in Client Service Management, Planning, Acquisitions, Engineering Services, Project Delivery, Information Management and Finance to provide environments that enable the success of regional Fidelity business units. This role also has a duel reporting responsibility to VP Portfolio Planning and Research with a focus to identify and develop plans for business unit short, medium and long-term real estate needs and coordinate the FREC resources necessary to meet those needs. Additionally this work includes aligning regional site strategy to portfolio strategy. The role will work closely with the regional site leadership team cultivating key partnerships with a focus on enhancing the associate and client experience. The role is considered the senior regional real estate leader and serves a critical role in communicating business unit issues to the Client Services Management team and others internal and external to FREC and for leading the development of solutions and proactively identifying items in the region which need to be addressed by a broader FREC team. This role will also cultivate key business relationships within the region with local officials and local real estate boards and associations with a focus on representing Fidelity where appropriate. The Sr. Director, Real Estate Services also works with the client, Enterprise Risk Services and with other FREC departments to ensure that business unit contingency space needs are met. The Sr. Director, Real Estate Services has a solid and complete understanding of all FREC functional areas and is the primary FREC contact to the business units and to senior management within the business units. The Sr. Director, Real Estate Services may be required to represent FREC as a member of the Fidelity Emergency Management Organization (FEMO) team in the region.
- Act as the primary point of contact to senior business unit management teams.
- Work with other members of Client Service Management to forecast client real estate requirements during budget cycles.
- Conduct planning sessions as needed with appropriate stakeholders (CSM, Planning, Site Leadership) to develop and communicate real estate strategy for clients.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of strategic space planning solutions which align with the business unit plans and regional needs.
- Ensure that our business objectives and the implementation of strategic plans are clearly and appropriately communicated to the client and other FREC departments.
- Work with client to develop relocation and tenant fit-out program requirements. Develop project justifications and prepare Project Funding Requests as needed.
- In conjunction with our FREC partners, identify opportunities to improve service delivery and consistency to our customers.
- Manage and direct staff of RES Managers; set objectives, determine work distribution, complete periodic performance evaluations, assist in the completion of individual development plans.
- Work with client and Enterprise Risk Services to ensure client contingency space needs are met. Assist Enterprise Business Continuity in the development and analysis of alternatives to support contingency space needs for the business and region. Requires an understanding of Business unit recovery scenarios including knowledge of criticality ratings, warm/hot sites availability and functional plans.
- Ensure that the eSPACE database is maintained by their team with timely, accurate and up-to-date occupancy, project and billing information.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business, finance/accounting, facilities management, architecture, engineering or other related area.
- Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Industry training, Certifications and/or education desirable.
- Requires 8-10 years of real estate management experience with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated proficiency in space planning, project management, property, asset and facilities management, real estate finance/accounting, leasing with particular skill in at least one area.
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Superior oral communication and listening skills in order to effectively interface with client(s), co-workers, and senior management.
- Ability to gain trust and support of key client decision makers.
- Strong ability to successfully negotiate and influence clients.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to manage conflict and crisis situations constructively and effectively.
- Success at working in a matrixed management environment.
- Proficiency in Fidelity and FREC's standard office software.