Job: Medical Scribe Trainee
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Medical Scribe Trainee
Return to Previous Page
Patient Care at Wilkes Regional Medical Center
Generic Job Description
MEDICAL SCRIBE TRAINEE 2266
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under direct supervision, improve chart quality by accurately documenting the physician's medical findings and treatment plan in order to allow the physician to be focused on patient care.
1. Accompany the physician to medical exams, and report in writing, the patient's history, medications, physical examination, and patient orders that result from the visit.
2. Record the results of ordered tests when the lab returns them. Complete the chart by writing the discharge and follow-up instructions.
3. Verify the chart for appropriate coding level. Review the chart and ensure it has been documented correctly for the designated code.
4. Ensure the physician reviews the chart for accuracy. Obtain physicians signature for each encounter.
5. Relay messages to the nursing staff, medical technicians, and/or the patient to expedite patient flow throughout the department.
6. Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. High school graduation or recognized equivalent.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience in a healthcare or medical environment.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Jobs
This company does not have more jobs