Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- US-NC-Chapel Hill
Being part of the solution. Lifelong learning. Contributing to complex projects that address some of the most significant challenges facing society. This is where we thrive. Now it’s your turn.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that plans, designs, and delivers high performance engineered systems for technically complex buildings and utility infrastructure projects. Nationally and internationally, AEI specializes in the healthcare, research, energy production and distribution, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and high-performance design markets. Building Design+Construction magazine ranks AEI in the top ten of US engineering firms overall, and in the top ten of healthcare, university, science and technology, and Federal government engineers. AEI has received 13 R&D Magazine Lab of the Year awards.
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valued part of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
We are seeking a Commissioning/Field Representative to join our Chapel Hill, NC office. The Commissioning/Field Representative will carry out activities related to project construction and contract administration including developing and coordinating system test procedures, organizing user training sessions, administering functional performance tests, conducting field observations, attending progress meetings, and assisting in document control.
AEI's Commissioning Team ensures that systems are designed, installed, functionally tested and capable of being operated and maintained to perform conformity with the design intent of the project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Lead and manage the execution of building commissioning, retro-commissioning and energy savings projects.
- Provide hands-on field level support of construction and functional testing phases of new building commissioning projects.
- Performs commissioning and energy focused design reviews to ensure that systems can be properly field tested and maintained.
- Execution and integration of the commissioning process of MEP systems found in the following building types: Data Centers, Central Utility Plants, Laboratory Buildings and higher education class rooms.
- Conducts field observation surveys and prepares field reports on the status of equipment and installations with respect to compliance to drawings and specifications.
- Performs field inspections, equipment startups, test and balance activities, and functional performance tests.
- Prepare commissioning field reports and maintain commissioning deficiency logs.
- Develops installation verification checklists.
- Develops custom functional test procedures/scripts.
- Produces reports, summaries, and briefings using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Works with project management, CAD, BIM, energy modeling and commissioning related software systems.
- Physical ability to access work areas on construction sites (exterior walls, roofs, excavations).
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline required (Electrical or Mechanical preferred).
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in large scale commercial and institutional buildings required OR
- Minimum 2 years relevant background in the building design / construction, architecture, and/or engineering field.
- Analyze energy data and provide client reports on project performance.
- First hand Test Adjust and Balance experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability or organize and present commissioning related information to clients and to lead project/commissioning meetings.
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently both electronically and in person, including daily interaction with the Management team.
- Strong customer interface skills required for liaison responsibilities at customer sites.
- Ability to work with others to create a collaborative team environment.
- Highly proficient in development of test documentation, tracking spreadsheets and reports.
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successful demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies, combined heat and power (CHP), and sustainable, high preforming buildings.
- Ability to read, understand and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems using construction documents, manuals, cut sheets schematics and/or flow diagrams.
- Comprehension of building automation systems, data acquisition and control systems architecture and function.
Desired Skills and Experience;
- Commissioning related certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in diagnosing and solving construction and operational problems.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong proficiency with CX Alloy (preferred).
- Knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards.
- Strong background in projects involving mechanical systems design and installation, electrical systems, building automation, design build construction, facilities operations, building maintenance and implementation of energy savings measures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be flexible and able to travel to project sites and able to function from both an office environment and construction site environment/ Able to work independently/ Able to work in team-oriented, collaborative and dynamic environments.
AEI provides the tools and support system, along with exceptional benefits, for you to establish your career path and thrive. If this environment suits you and a career here aligns with your goals, we encourage you to apply.
To be considered, apply online at www.aeieng.com.
AEI is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled