Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Technical Writer will support the VH-92A platform located onboard Cherry Point, NC. This position will work within the existing team to develop NSIV compliant S1000D Issue 4.1 data modules provided by AIR 6.7 and 4.1 and existing ATA 100 PDF source data.
The Technical Writer I revises or writes standardized material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment. This worker receives technical direction from supervisor or senior writer, notes or manuals containing operating procedures and details manufacturer's catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment. This writer may have access to blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
This worker organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology, may maintain records and files of work and revisions, select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material, assist in laying out material for publication arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material; may assist in writing speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases, and may specialize in writing material regarding work methods and procedures.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires one (1) year of general editorial experience which requires proficiency in punctuation, spelling, and English grammar and rules.
- Requires two (2) years of specialized experience in editing military manuals and specifications.
- Requires experience with computer applications as they are used in automated publishing and information retrieval.
- Experience in using and/or editing military manuals and specifications is required
Knowledge and experience with the following is preferred
- Military maintenance experience
- PTC Arbortext
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a CAC card
- Preferred: Must have and maintain an active Secret Security Clearance