Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Alzheimer's Association Eastern North Carolina (ENC) Chapter operates out of Raleigh, and covers 51 counties from the Triangle to the Coast!
This unpaid position will be based in the Raleigh office at 5171 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 101 Raleigh, NC. This position requires at least 16 hours in the office each week. Flexible work hours and occasional evening and weekend work is required, but will be discussed in advance to allow for school, work, etc.
The Development Intern is responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of the Alzheimer’s Association’s constituent events, including:
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s, the Alzheimer’s Association's largest event to raise awareness and funds in support of its mission;
- RivAlz, a flag football tournament planned for June, and its wrap-around events; and
- The Longest Day, which encourages individuals to tap into their creativity and passion to raise funds and awareness.
Core Internship Responsibilities
Increasing awareness of the Alzheimer's Association and participation in signature fundraising events by:
- Assisting Eastern North Carolina Chapter’s Development Team in developing and adhering to timeline of tasks related to the planning and execution of 2019 signature events;
- Reaching out to past participants to encourage to re-register for 2019 events, as well as provide touches, coaching, and support to registered participants to help them reach their fundraising goals;
- Assisting with writing stories to share on social media, in emails, and through mass mailings;
- Developing materials - such as flyers, social media graphics and postcards - to promote Alzheimer’s Association’s signature events.
- Providing exemplary customer service to participants by welcoming them to our events, thanking them for their support, assisting with website issues, etc; and
- Assisting with packing and organizing materials in preparation for meetings and events.
Key Professional Attributes
- Self-management skills.
- High level of diplomacy, ethics and integrity.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- An understanding of the appropriate use of communication technologies and an appreciation that each audience requires its own approach.
- Ability to prioritize and remain flexible while managing multiple tasks.
- Highly collaborative and team-focused.
- Can lift up to 30 lbs.
- Has own vehicle, transportation to work/events and insurance.
- Proficient with technology (laptop, Microsoft Office, Google Apps)
Join an energetic, fast-paced environment with your passion and creativity! Must be comfortable making calls, updating spreadsheets and leading projects! Skill Development for interns includes project management, media relations, and fundraising.