American Tire Distributors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Key Account Supervisor - ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (finance) in Huntersville, NC at American Tire Distributors
at American Tire Distributors, Inc.
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:Reporting to the Key Account Manager in Order-to-Cash/Accounts Receivable, the Key Account Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the Key Account Specialist team and overseeing the day-to-day processes of ATD’s largest corporate accounts. The Key Account Supervisor will manage or escalate resolution of issues that arise with Key Account customers by working with the customer, the Key Account Manager, Key Account Specialist, Sales, Supply Chain, or other internal departments to resolve balances associated with, but not limited to, billing issues (EDI, POD, and discrepancies), aged receivables, disputes, and improper application of payment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Key Account Management
- Oversee the Key Account Specialists as they work with Key Account customers to address any invoice disputes and delinquent balances.
- Work with Dispute Resolution Supervisor and/or Key Account Manager, as necessary, for joint resolution of customer disputes relating to returns, pricing, shortages, rebates, etc.
- Document all contacts and efforts with customers as well as processes and practices for addressing the needs of their companies.
- Develop, measure and provide feedback to the Key Account team on individual and department KPI’s.
Process Improvement Management
- Recommend, and assist with implementing, changes and/or improvements in internal controls, policies, procedures, and overall process improvements.
- Provide support to the Key Account team when necessary to improve service levels and positive customer relationships.
Direct Report Position Title(s)
- Key Account Specialist
- Education: Associates Degree (Business Management)
- Experience: 4 years of experience with high volume/high demand customers and dispute management
Candidate Skills and Competencies
- Professional Accounting Standards, Requirements, and Procedures Understanding and Compliance
- Demonstrate a general understanding of professional accounting standards, requirements, and procedures related to the business (e.g. IFRS, SEC).
- Abide and apply professional accounting standards, requirements, and procedures when dealing with financial transactions or statements, ensuring all required documentation and information is provided.
- Keep up to date with most current professional accounting standards, requirements, and procedures.
- Organizational Finance Policies Compliance and Maintenance
- Demonstrate awareness and knowledge of the organization's policies, such as the organization's travel policies.
- Comply with organizational regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Keep up to date with most current organizational finance policies.
- Financial Accounting
- Assist in developing financial statements for the organization.
- Complete basic month-end closing activities in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Exhibit awareness and knowledge of the organization's chart of accounts.
- Assist with the reconciliation of operational processes underlying financial transactions.
- Execute basic activities that support general accounting, such as: sales/receivables/collection and purchase/payables/payments.
- Management Accounting
- Assist in the analysis of internal performance related to profitability and performance.
- Exhibit knowledge of the organization's performance measurements, responsibility centers, and the objectives of different responsibility centers.
- Create basic management information reports.
- Aggregate competitor financial information to assist in benchmarking the organization's performance.
- Support the analysis of internal financial statements, specifically focusing on the key performance indicators (KPIs) or ratios for the industry.
- Execute basic activities with working capital management, including receivables and payables.
- Support cash management activities.
- Data Analysis
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of metrics and how to find related data.
- Identify appropriate metrics to assess initiatives and processes.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R09316