American Tire Distributors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Engineer in Huntersville, NC at American Tire Distributors
at American Tire Distributors, Inc.
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The primary responsibility of the Operations Engineer will be responsible for managing and driving projects related to distribution and fulfillment network growth and continuous improvement initiatives. This role will develop business requirements for the next generation information technology solutions to automate, integrate and transform product operations from concept to market.
- Work closely with business leads to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate business requirements for information technology systems to optimally enable business strategies and processes.
- Design, optimize, and document business processes, act as a liason with the IT team to transition requirements, translating “business speak” into “technical speak”, convey the business systems requirements to the technical team, and validate interim and final software deliverable
- Develop user acceptance plans and test cases
- Continually look for opportunities to leverage technology to streamline business operations
- Analyze business & operations requirements to generate supply chain automation concepts
- Identify the materials to be handled and determine the throughput & storage requirements
- Create supply chain facility layouts based process requirements and efficient material flows
- Support the implementation and training of all branch operations systems
- Provide Project support and feedback, escalate all risk issues to Senior Management as necessary, provide analysis of branch operations Key Performance Indicators
- Provide off-hour support as needed, ongoing and accurate maintenance of information and data pertinent to Business, has met expectations of internal and external customers, and establishes/maintains relationships, successive increase in KPI measurable areas across DC’s
Key Partners (Positions):
- Regional Supply Chain Directors
- Distribution Excellence Managers, Distribution Supervisors
- IT Business Relationship Managers
- IT Business Analysts
- IT Delivery Team
- Supply Chain Managers and Directors
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Minimum required Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related degree
- 2-4 years of combined experience in material handling, automation, manufacturing, supply chain and/or distribution and logistics industries
- Proven project management experience implementing multi-million dollar, complex capital equipment & systems
- Candidate must be capable to work with little or no supervision or direction and will be given considerable latitude in decision making.
- Natural ability to speak and write effectively at all organizational levels
- Frequently provides significant leadership or influence as a coordinator of complex cross-functional projects
- Willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to influence others and manager difficult situations
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgement and decision making skills
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Strategic Thinking
- Possess the ability to convert vision into actions and metrics
- Use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives
- Ability to influence others and manage difficult situations
- Insight and Judgment, maintain confidentiality
- Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Define problems clearly
- Use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives
- Decision Making, make sound, well informed and objective decisions
- Anticipate the impact of decisions, creative thinking
- Design new methods where needed, consider innovative approaches to solving challenges of the organization, Self-Management, set well defined and realistic personal goals
- Work with minimal need for supervision, continuous Learning
- Master new and technical business knowledge, recognize own strengths and weaknesses
- Seek feedback from others and pursue self-development
- Partnering, develop networks and build alliances, engage in cross functional activities, teamwork, encourage cooperation, trust, pride and team identity
- Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions, communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: ~ 25% of the time, travel throughout the US and will require overnight stays. Travel from the Field Support Center to other destinations will be required.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R09313