American Tire Distributors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Specialist in Huntersville, NC at American Tire Distributors
at American Tire Distributors, Inc.
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The Transportation Specialist (Last Mile Delivery – 3rd Party Programs) is responsible for managing the day-to-day aspects of ATD’s Last Mile Delivery, 3rd Party Programs. This role will be responsible for managing business relationships with 3rd Party Transportation Providers and assisting ATD DC’s with setup and program compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage business relationships and performance of our transportation vendors
- Assist DC’s with program setup, onboarding and compliance
- Provide weekly reporting for 3rd Party Delivery Programs (e.g. ATD Xpress, Courier-Route Substitution)
- Assist FP&A with financial analysis for 3rd party delivery programs
- Facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews with transportation vendors
- Provide weekly reporting and program analysis
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the 3rd Party Delivery space
- Partner with internal stakeholders to gather business requirements and deliver solutions that support overall organizational goals
- Advanced Skills with MS Excel and SQL Developer
- 3-5 years of Transportation and/or Logistics Experience (preferably managing 3rd party vendors)
- DOT and Federal regulations knowledge
- Experience partnering with IT
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong problem solving skills to identify and address root cause
Travel required: less than 25%
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R08436