ATI Specialty Materials
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Management Leadership Program - Operations
at ATI Specialty Materials
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
Primary Purpose of this Job
The primary purpose of this job is to accelerate development of leadership and functional skills within the organization with the intention of assigning them to mid-level management roles within various functional areas in the organization.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- Commitment up to a 3-year program consisting of rotations that allow members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments, projects and developmental training. The rotation will provide exposure to different functional areas to gain cross-functional understanding of the business.
- The role will report the top CI Leader while working on challenge assignments that are based on business need and learning plan objectives in one or more of the following:
- Operations (leading a manufacturing team in the production of products)
- Management/Employee Relations
- Supply Chain
- Environment, Health & Safety (EHS support to site operations and supporting EHS in a region or concentrating in a particular EHS media)
- Program members are also responsible for being a Value Stream Team Leader and/or managing projects supporting value stream initiatives.
- Program members will complete LMAC training prior to the end of program commitment.
- Program members will complete Global Leadership Development Program trainings prior to the end of the program commitment.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Minimum Job Requirements: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
4-year College Degree Engineering OR Masters (MBA)
- Experience in managing a large department or a small sized facility in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point at a minimum) required to accomplish day-to-day work activities and willingness to learn additional programs.
- Sufficient knowledge of company, products, objectives and operations.
- Oracle, Maximo, etc. experience a plus.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management and prioritization skills.
- Successfully balance multiple projects at various stages with limited supervision in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Work independently as well as within a team to determine business requirements and achieve desired results.
- Analyze and resolve difficult problems effectively and timely thru the implementation of long-term solutions.
- Effectively negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Be enthusiastic and excited about tackling challenges and comfortable with ambiguity and change that accompanies working in a fast-paced environment.