ATI Specialty Materials
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ATI Specialty Materials
We are currently seeking a Superintendent, Operations at our Monroe, NC plant. We are located approximately 25 miles southeast of Charlotte, NC.
Primary Purpose of this Job:
The Superintendent will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Titanium Powder Opertions department including safety, production demands and personnel.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- Direct safety program ensuring employee's safety and participation to established goals.
- Research, propose and implement improvements using Lean Manufacturing principles to meet performance goals as well as improve safety, quality, efficiency, costs, and scrap.
- Manage personnel including task assignment, performance management, policy adherence and development.
- Work closely with Maintenance, Planning, Purchasing, Technology, Quality and Human Resources and other support functions to meet business plan requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
4-year College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years' leadership experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Lean Principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing, guiding, and developing employees.
- Knowledge or experience with powder process and autoclave preferred; start-up experience preferred
- Knowledge or experience with powder process and autoclave preferred; Start-up experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point at a minimum) required to accomplish day-to-day work activities and willingness to learn additional programs.
- Sufficient knowledge of company, products, objectives and operations.
- Advanced knowledge of production, operations, and materials planning, practices, and processes.
- Oracle, Maximo, etc. experience a plus.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects at various stages with limited supervision in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with and through others to achieved desired results.
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems effectively and timely thru the implementation of long-term solutions.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to foster collaborations, inspire confidence, and motivate individuals across diverse teams in a manufacturing environment in order to meet objectives.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.