ATI Specialty Materials
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Systems Admin
at ATI Specialty Materials
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
Perform daily monitoring and maintenance of all Windows server systems as well as their associated devices (Hypervisor Hosts, Network, SAN, etc.). Identify and resolve system problems through root cause analysis and preventative measures. Maintain system data security through the implementation and management of the backup and restore process, management of user access, and associated auditing of system access. Provide problem resolution for escalated help desk tickets opened from the user community across all ATI Specialty Materials operating locations. Project management for all data center initiatives including recommending best practices to improve service improvements.
- Plan, design, develop, and deploy efficient information systems in support of core business functions
- Evaluate business process requirements to develop effective solutions Assure adherence to all IT controls and maintain alignment with IT Strategies.
- Manage application lifecycles, including release planning (enhancement/upgrade), maintenance (bug fix and routine patching), and replacement/decommission.
- Responsible for requirements and design documents
- Design, lead and perform system testing
- Primary expert for application support (Level 2 help desk), including problem analysis and resolution
- Maintain application configuration controls
- Support business reporting and business intelligence, including OBIEE
- Support data management business initiatives and processes
- Assure adherence to all controls and maintain strategic alignment
- Build knowledge of key business objectives, processes, activities, and controls.
- Ability to solve problems and communicate root cause and solution effectively (written and verbal)
- Work effectively with users to interpret change requests, suggest improvement opportunities and build business case for changes requested.
- Participate in the full system development lifecycle
- Design, develop, and deploy efficient information systems in support of core business functions.
- Analyze new projects and modifications to existing systems for impact on existing functionality
- Design, coordinate and perform system testing.
- Maintain application configuration controls.
- Serve as the primary lead for infrastructure support, including complex problem analysis and innovative solutions.
- Support business reporting, business intelligence, and data management.
- Manage infrastructure system lifecycles, including release planning (enhancement/upgrade), maintenance (break fix and routine patching), and replacement/decommission.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Minimum Job Requirements: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
Minimum 5 years' experience
- Information technology and basic knowledge of related disciplines requiring conceptual and practical expertise
- Advanced knowledge of at least 5 of the following: VMWare, Nutanix HCI, Netapp SnapVault, SnapMirror, Windows Server technologies, Proxy, Citrix NetScaler, Citrix XenApp, Active Directory, and/or Data Center Power and HVAC
- Application standard functionality and experience applying the functionality
- Business process best practices
- Business controls, security and audit needs
- Project management practices, techniques and methods
- Knowledge of programming languages and operating systems preferred
- Effective use of technology necessary to satisfactorily perform the job
- Business analysis, requirements definition, solution design and testing
- Interpersonal communications (in all forms) across disciplines and levels of an organization
- Wintel system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures
- Solve a range of simple to complex problems using innovative solutions and/or best practices
- Explain complex information to others and help adopt different approaches/solutions
- Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures, guided by functional policies
- Lead focused teams to accomplish objectives
- Work effectively across varied organizational structures, with guidance