Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Highway Engineer
Atkinsis one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project managementconsultancies. Atkins has been providinginfrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting,urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public andprivate clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkinshas the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technicallychallenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transitionto a low-carbon economy.
MAJOR FUNCTION/ ROLE
Under direction, applies full competency in Highway engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in specialty area. On Highway design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems.
On projects involving engineering services related to Highway design activities, has developed a thorough understanding of applying MicroStation, Geopack and Corridor Modeler experience, and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years of experience since M.S. Typical incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills.
- May be eligible to receive project management training.
- Strong MicroStation, Geopak and Corridor Modeler experience preferred.
- Previous Design/Build project experience a plus but not required.
- Successful candidate will ideally have 5 to 7 years of experience.
- P.E. license is required.
Atkinsoffers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitivesalary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life,disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options;generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employermatch; professional and career development opportunities through our corporateuniversity, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and anunmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit ofexcellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employercommitted to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Pleaseview Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Pleaseconsult our PrivacyNotice to know moreabout how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that youhave read and accept our Privacy Notice.