Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traffic Control/Work Zone Engineer
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Raleigh, NC team as a Traffic Control/Work Zone Engineer.
Under direction, applies full competency in transportation engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in work zone traffic control.
- Performs work that involves conventional transportation engineering practice with particular emphasis on traffic control plans, signing and pavement markings, and traffic signals.
- May include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Perform traffic design tasks including application of standards, engineering techniques, studies, and analysis.
- Develop maintenance of traffic and traffic control concepts and plans.
- Manage or direct traffic tasks on projects and monitor progress to ensure accuracy and adherence to schedule and budget.
- Design traffic elements.
- Coordinate with other design disciplines.
- Supervise and perform CAD drafting to support design teams.
- On design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications.
- On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems.
- On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, has developed a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product.
- Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years' experience since M.S.
- Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
- May be eligible for project management training.
- Experience with North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) plans, standards, and specifications is desired.
- P.E. license is required.
- For candidates without a PE, 10 years of relevant experience will be considered to qualify at the equivalent level of Engineer III.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.