Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Engineer - I
at Avacend, Inc.
Title: Network Engineer - I
Location: Cary, NC
Duration: 6 Months Contract
No Corp. to Corp. or 3rd party Only W2 Candidates
Network Management Center – Power / Voice Traffic Engineer
This function is carried out through alarm monitoring, outage notification and event management, ticket processing, network and equipment maintenance scheduling and technical assistance to Field Operations personnel on the repair of all global network platforms.
The function is also responsible for monitoring the implementation of transport network change control activities and performs pre/post technology checks, scripting, problem solving and analytical analysis.
Applicants must be willing to work rotating 7x24 hour shifts. Provide technical and/or analytical support to one or more departments or working units with limited supervision; aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area; typically reports to Supervisor or on occasion a Manager. Performs a variety of activities (may be technical or administrative in nature) in support of the functional processes, programs and/or services.
- Support event management and break/fix maintenance support for the Voice Traffic Network
- For TDM and VoIP call processing and completion rates
- Perform trouble triage to include fault isolation, cooperative testing with domestic and international carriers
- Support event management for Power and Environmental alarms on the global Network to include alarm management
- Network Management systems
- Perform trouble triage to include fault isolation, cooperative testing with Field Operations, Real Estate Building Mechanics, Data Centers and other carriers
- Support Field Operations and Building Facility Engineers
- Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives general work instructions on routine work assignments.
Associate’s degree and two or more years of work experience in HVAC, AC/DC Power Generation platforms and facilities management.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, DevOps/Analytic