Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Engineer - I
at Avacend, Inc.
The Network Operations Engineer supports monitoring and triage of the IP Networks and Next Generation Metro-Ethernet solutions in the Cary Network Management Center (NMC), ensuring high service reliability.
Learning and applying new technical skills to support interdepartmental objectives, including: effectively communicating and escalating events to escalation groups ensuring quick resolution; utilizing a network management system via computer terminals to detect alarms; completing trouble tickets to document alarms; performing initial triage and remediation to restore services in degraded or impact state, operating with multiple peer groups to investigate impacting events, communicating and answering incoming telephone calls to the NMC. Candidates must be willing to operate in a 24x7 environment, supporting any shift.
• Minimum Associates degree, two-year technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required. Experience in Tier 1 or Tier 2 IP or Transport Network Management (Tier 2 preferred).
• Telecommunications alarming in an NMC/NOC environment is a plus. Basic training and/or coursework in at least 2 of the following areas: IP data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, Telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
• Understanding of use and troubleshooting of Routing and Forwarding Protocols (IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, LDP, LSP)
• Experience troubleshooting Layer-1, Layer-2, and Layer-3 networks and connectivity
• Experience operating and troubleshooting optical networks and equipment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills