Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering & Events Cross-U Rover - Full Time
Full Time: a position averaging 35 hours per week.
The Engineering Cross U Rover will assist with the setup and breakdown of Biltmore events such as weddings, concerts, and corporate events, while also performing minor installations, maintenance, and repairs to buildings, structures, and systems across the Estate. Engineering Cross U Rovers will support the Engineering Services department as well as the Event Logistics department. Other duties include: tent installation, equipment delivery and setup, loading and unloading trucks, warehouse maintenance, and basic maintenance. The incumbent will also provide general support and assistance to the departments, leadership, and company.
Weekend and evening shifts are a requirement for this position.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Tent Installation/breakdown.
2. Equipment setup and delivery such as tables, chairs, stage etc.
3. Loading and unloading trucks.
4. Warehouse maintenance such as organization, top cleaning and repairs.
5. Take direction from Managers, Supervisors, Technicians, and support services staff.
6. Maintenance and repair work on electrical and security systems in and around assigned locations on the estate.
7. Works with other department staff to coordinate work/projects as well as assignments related to special events, functions, and activities.
8. Serves as technical resource/support for department; will liaise with external contractors, vendors, and other third party providers as assigned/required by leadership.
9. Ensures that safety protocols and quality controls are followed and that work is in full compliance with OSHA and departmental/company standards.
1. High school diploma required. Additional education or training desired. Ability to learn quickly and achieve proficiency across assigned operational areas.
2. At least six (6) months of previous event set-up/break-down and/or equipment experience strongly preferred, and minimum of one (1) year experience in related technical or engineering field.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to take direction/receive instruction as part of guest service team.
4. General knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and/or other building systems. Should be able to comfortably identify, address, and troubleshoot issues and make necessary repairs.
5. Demonstrated commitment to delivery of world class internal/external guest service.
6. Ability to be proactive, take initiative, and exercise good judgment as well as work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
7. Should be comfortable with responding to guest questions and requests in a manner consistent with Biltmore standards.
1. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry 50 lbs on regular basis.
2. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
3. Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and/or scaffolding.
4. Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat/kneel.
5. Ability to work both inside and outdoors in all types of weather conditions with fluctuations in temperature.
6. May be exposed to dirt, dust, pollen, chemicals, and/or other particulates, and must be able to work effectively in this environment.
7. Must be at least 19 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.