Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bland Landscaping
The Lawn Technician is a hands-on position in Grounds Management that performs IPM functions, planning, administrative and regulatory functions. Other duties as directed from the Production Manager.
Responsibilities - Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain at all times proper environmental and public safety practices
- Maintain Chemical Storage area in a clean and organized manner
- Daily Communication with Asst. Managers and Branch Manager regarding concerns or pest problems
- Attend and participate in crew and department general and safety meetings
- Safe driving of company owned vehicles trucks (with or without trailers)
- Perform current IPM Practices and procedures as stated in company program
- Snow removal in the winter months
- Assist with seasonal tasks such as annual flower installation and enhancements
- Must be able to work various shifts (early mornings or evenings in order to perform duties when public, property, or safety is an issue)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Observe and identify major turf and ornamental pests/formulate safe and effective remedies
- Supervise and train maintenance crews on all aspects of landscape maintenance services
- Maintain communication with clients and general public in order to address questions or concerns
- Prepare timesheets and other daily paperwork as required by the company
- Keep current all Pesticide Application Records and site Pest History Reports
- Ability to obtain NC Pesticide Applicators License (Ground Applicator, Sub Class l turf and Ornamental) within 90 days of employment in this position.
- Ability to obtain other Pesticide specialty licenses.
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks
- Must be able to read and understand standard Pesticide Labeling and perform proper procedures for mixing,
- Must adhere to Bland landscaping uniforms and present yourself in a clean and polite manner
- Must have valid NC Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- Must comply with Bland’s policies and procedures/demonstrate Bland’s commitment to excellence
- Ability to pass a background check is required.
Must have 1 + years experience in Horticultural Pest Management/IPM or the equivalent.