Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CAMPBELL UNIVERSITY
JOB TITLE: Adjunct Instructor for Economics - Camp Lejeune
DEPARTMENT: Camp Lejeune Extended Campus
STATUS: Part Time Faculty (Classes are expected to begin August 20th, 2019)
Campbell University Camp Lejeune is seeking an Adjunct Faculty Instructor to teach evening undergraduate Economic (specifically in Micro or Macroeconomics) courses at the Camp Lejeune Campus. Classes are 8 weeks in duration and are offered in either a traditional (2 evenings per week on campus) or blended (1 evening per week on campus and the equivalent of 1 evening per week online) format. Class times are 5:15-7:30pm and 7:45-10:00pm. This is an in resident program and will require face-to-face lectures. All faculty at Campbell Uniersity are expected to be very responsive to student needs and questions. A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until someone is hired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage course materials from learning objectives and selected textbook provided by the department chair
- Select and adinister tests, assignments and online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to the course learning objectives
- Evaluate and assess student performance
- Post grades to Campbell’s Self-Service portal, and if applicable Blackboard Grade Center
- Respond promptly, no later than one business day, to student emails and requests for assistance
- Attend professional meetings, graduations, and other special events as requested
- Maintain professional communications with students and staff at all times
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity and the ability to work within the Christian mission of Campbell University.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Other job related duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- A Masters degree in economics or related field, from an accredited university is required
- Doctoral degree in Economics is desired
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level is desired
- Industry experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in dealing with trustees, faculty, staff, students, high-level university officials and the public
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people
- Exercise good judgment in complex and new situations
- Meet deadlines and offer attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Upon hire, obtain a knowledge of, and abide by, Campbell University policies and procedures, including, but not limited to; Title IX and FERPA guidelines
About Campbell University
Campbell University, Incorporated was founded in 1887 and is a private, coeducational community of faith and learning in the tradition of the liberal arts, sciences, and professions offering undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees. We are comprised of nine colleges and schools, enrolling 3,200 full-time main campus undergraduate students, 1,200 extended campus students, and an additional 1,600 students enrolled in graduate and professional schools.
To Apply For This Position:
Campbell University is unable to accept paper or email applications. Please apply by clicking on the “Apply for this Position” button below, OR if you are viewing this posting via an outside source, visit us online at http://www.campbell.edu/about/employment/ to apply. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references. If you have any questions, or if you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an application for employment contact the Human Resources Department at 910-893-1256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Campbell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please Note: All positions at Campbell University require honesty, integrity and an understanding of the Mission Statement of Campbell University.
Campbell University maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Accordingly, the University is committed to administering all educational and employment activities without discrimination as to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity or national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by law, except where appropriate and authorized by law. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and practices: hiring; upgrading; promotions; demotions or transfers; layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and recruitment or recruitment advertising.
Employees and applicants of Campbell University will not be subjected to any form of harassment or discrimination for exercising rights protected by, or because of their participation in, an investigation or compliance review related to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998, or any other federal or state nondiscrimination law, rule, or regulation.
Campbell University also maintains affirmative action programs to implement our equal employment opportunity policy. Employees or applicants who wish to review appropriate portions of these affirmative action programs may schedule an appointment to do so by contacting the Vice President for Business and Treasurer at the Buies Creek campus, during normal business hours.