Carolina Sunrock LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Concrete Quality Control Technician
at Carolina Sunrock LLC
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Carolina Sunrock, LLC. has been a leading privately held, family owned, construction materials supplier for over 60 years. As a vertically integrated company, we produce aggregates, hot mix asphalt and ready mixed concrete materials. We also provide a variety of contracting services to our customers. We live by, “we do it right the first time, or we don’t do it at all.”
We are looking for a full time, entry level, aggregate quality control technician to complete tasks around the surrounding Raleigh, Durham, NC area.
- The quality control technician will be responsible for testing and calculating results for any mix during the design and production phase of aggregates.
- Arranges mix specimens and samples in trays to be placed in ovens or stores on shelves.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as gradation, geological or other characteristics.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Records test data with 100% accuracy.
- Uses calculators, nuclear gauges, and figures random numbers.
- Evaluates data and writes brief reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Goes to other Carolina Sunrock plants, asphalt, aggregate, and concrete customer job sites as needed.
- Complies with all safety policies, procedures and established safe practices. Reports all unsafe conditions and actions to a supervisor and/or Manager Safety & Health.
- Routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; standard practices or procedures allow employee to proceed alone at routine work.
- Assists in production, maintenance, and sales as needed.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Normal work hours are hours Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm.
- Weekend work may be required depending on the contract.
- Well-lit, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Must be able and ready to work in all weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
- Must also be able to tolerate a loud work environment.
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, company paid dental, company paid life, 401K with discretionary company match, voluntary supplemental benefits, paid time off and 8 paid holidays.
This job description provides an overview of responsibilities and task to be performed. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive job description as needs tend to change over time.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License is required.
- Ability to obtain American Concrete Institute (ACI) Level is preferred.
- Ability to obtain NCDOT Concrete Quality Control (QC) Technician certification is preferred.
- Ability to obtain NCDOT Concrete Bach Technician certification is preferred.
- Ability to obtain NCDOT Asphalt Level I or Level II is preferred.
- Ability to obtain NCDOT Aggregate Sampling and Testing QC Technician certification is preferred.
- Ability to obtain NCDOT, VDOT, and other DOT certifications for various product lines.
- EDUCATION: High school or equivalent required.
- EXPERIENCE: No experience required.