Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Specialist-Class A CDL
at Carter Lumber
A Kempsville Components CDL Driver is responsible for transporting trusses and engineered wood to Carter Lumber stores and our customer’s jobsites. This position is responsible for representing our products and services in a professional manner while maintaining the integrity of our company. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
- Must have 3-5 yrs experience driving as a Class A CDL driver
- Familiar with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Experience hauling oversized loads
- Clean driving record
- Successfully pass required DOT pre-employment screening
- Possess good communication skills
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Responsible for delivering material to retail locations and directly to customer’s jobsites using the most efficient route available.
- Ensures that delivery schedules are met while providing friendly and professional service at delivery site.
- Assists with loading and/or unloading of materials. Maintains driver’s log and other records to ensure that Federal DOT reporting requirements are being met.
- Complies with all highway rules and regulations.
- Ensures the safe operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use, logging inspection and reports defects or safety issues to the dispatcher immediately.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan