Center for Creative Leadership
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager, Societal Advancement
at Center for Creative Leadership
Program Manager, Societal Advancement
This position provides operational direction for two grant-funded Societal Advancement initiatives that each require the implementation of robust discovery processes and the development of plans and proposals for additional phases of each initiative.
The Edna McConnell Clark Foundation (EMCF) has been providing capacity building to nonprofit organizations in the form of the PropelNext (PN) program for several years. The program helps nonprofit leaders understand and practice using data to inform strategy, program, and resource allocation decisions in the context of the overall mission, vision, and strategy of their organizations. The program supports nonprofits as they become learning organizations who understand how to manage their business using data and measurement tools to make disciplined, informed choices and decisions with their valued resources. As EMCF sunsets, they have chosen CCL as the new home for the PropelNext program so that the impact of this important work for nonprofits will include more leadership development and can be scaled and sustained.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in partnership with Stanford University Global Health Innovation Institute and CCL is launching a new leadership capacity building initiative (Women Leaders in Global Health Initiative, WLGHI) in 2020 to elevate the presence of women leaders to the most senior levels in all avenues of global health. The program will initially launch in India, North America, and ultimately sub-Saharan Africa within first 2 years with a goal of reaching 2,000+ women in 5 years.
The program manager will provide operational direction for an accelerated and robust discovery process for both grant funded initiatives described above as well as the development of a Phase II proposal and budget with the goal of obtaining extended funding for product development, marketing and implementation of the new PropelNext program from EMCF and other funders; and the development and launch of the WLGHI program in India, North America, and Africa. The program manager will be responsible for day to day management of each project through all stages of ensure that multiple internal and external stakeholders work together to complete all deliverables by agreed upon timeframes. The project will need to move fast and involve a high level of collaboration among CCL groups including C&I, Societal Advancement, Global Marketing, Global Learning Products, GRE, Global Markets partners in EMEA and APAC, and IT. The person in this position will utilize a variety of project tools and processes to allow all team members to meet the complex demands of the project and related deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the PropelNext Project Director and the WLGHI Lead Faculty on the design, development, and delivery of each respective project including when necessary and appropriate working on the ground with the target audience for discovery and/or helping to facilitate/design content or leading processes to design and develop content.
- Creates and maintains project management plans and project schedules; schedules tasks, identifies interdependencies, establishes deadlines and creates milestones for all stakeholders and resources. Revises plans as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements of both large, grant-funded projects.
- Monitors project schedules and activities to manage discovery and design timeframe, implementation timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project deliverables, staffing requirements, and allocation of budget resources to various phases of each project. Anticipates and resolves any problems, bottlenecks, or scheduling conflicts in partnership with the PropelNext Project Director and WLGHI Lead Faculty.
- Formulates project budget and is held accountable for managing expenses to the budget as well as preparing financial reports for the respective funding partners.
- Serves as primary communication point for internal constituents across all departments and regions regarding project status, including proactive identification and communication of delays or challenges the team should address to meet deliverables on time with highest quality.
- Coordinates, executes or delegates all project-related tasks such that deliverables of the project are of high quality and consistency.
- Maintains all project documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field: nonprofit leadership, public health, business, evaluation, education, or public administration, I/O psychology or other related field.
- PMP certified.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A minimum five years’ experience working in or with community-focused organizations, and/or nonprofit sector; may include experience in corporate business and/or OD fields.
- Expertise in managing complex, collaborative projects with a proven track record for delivering high-quality results and building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Skilled in MS Project or other project management software tools to establish and track project timelines, resource allocation, and identification of critical path issues to keep projects on schedule.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel required.
- Experience managing external vendor relationships and deliverables a plus.
- Experience negotiating contracts and SOWs.
- Capable of adapting communication style, content, and medium as appropriate for different audiences, including audiences that vary by expertise (technical, innovation, evaluation, etc) or by culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, agile, and highly collaborative with colleagues and external stakeholders and clients with ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing requests and requirements.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Significant experience using technology options for facilitating meetings and other learning experiences – i.e. webinars, podcasts, online simulations, online meeting platforms, etc.
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally as necessary.