City of Fayetteville
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Fayetteville
- Hiring Range: $48,693-$62,606/Year D.O.Q.INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
A RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IN DETERMINING YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
The City of Fayetteville is currently recruiting a Senior Planner to provide a lead role in planning, managing, supervising, and coordinating short-term and long-range activities and operations of the Planning and Zoning Division as assigned by the Division Manager. To coordinate assigned activities with other City departments, divisions, outside agencies, public officials, regulatory officials and the general public; work with staff, boards and citizen groups to develop recommendations to the Administration and City Council; carry out assigned coordination of responsibilities and tasks as directed by the Planning & Zoning Division Manager; and, to provide responsible and complex administrative support to the Planning & Zoning Division Manager and staff.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with management on planning and zoning tasks, functions and activities, serving as a lead on assigned programs, communications, services and use of resources for the division.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement division goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned service area; recommend appropriate service and staffing levels, monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; and allocate resources accordingly.
- Ensure programs, processes and activities are in compliance with all city, state and federal laws and regulations applicable to land use planning and development, zoning, and environmental principles and practices.
- Within programmatic areas of responsibility and through staff, lead, implement and coordinate the division's work plans and projects, review and evaluate work methods and procedures, meet with staff to provide guidance as well as identify and resolve problems.
- Provide responsible staff support for division efforts related to annexations, long-range planning, census surveys and/or other applicable initiatives.
- Prepare a variety of maps, graphs and/or other applicable items utilizing GIS for the division and other City departments.
- Participate in the development and administration of the division budget.
- Facilitate various internal and public meetings and hearings related to the programs and activities of the division and various commissions.
- Coordinate the development of comprehensive and specific area development plans in consultation with other City divisions and departments, as well as developers, contractors, consultants, public officials and the general public.
- Represent the division to other City departments, elected officials and outside agencies; coordinate activities with other departments and outside agencies and organizations.
- May attend and participate in professional meetings (NCAPA, APA, NC Zoning Officials, etc.) to stay abreast of industry best practices as well as new planning and community development trends and innovations.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints with tact and professionalism.
- Serve as a resource to management, City Administration and applicable boards and commissions.
For a complete job description, click here.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Three years of increasingly responsible experience in planning, landscape architecture, public policy or a related field.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
LICENSING & CERTIFICATIONS
American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), Certified Zoning Official (CZO), or similar.
From the time of closing, the hiring process is anticipated to last 4-6 weeks. The process will consist of a panel interview with the selected candidate being subject to a pre-employment drug screen, background check and driving history check.