City of Fayetteville
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Survey Technician
at City of Fayetteville
Hiring Range: $16.08 - $20.39/Hour D.O.Q.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
A RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IN DETERMINING YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
The City of Fayetteville is seeking a Senior Survey Technician to perform a variety of technical field engineering and survey work in support of engineering design activities including calculating mathematical and logarithmic equations and field survey collection.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up and operate a full range of electronic survey and data collection equipment including survey levels, chains and tapes, iron and pin finders, theodolites, metal detectors, calculators, prism poles and other types of measuring instruments; drive stakes, hubs and iron for survey purposes; mark grades for utilities construction; clean, track and maintain survey supplies and instruments such as stakes and marking equipment.
- Prepare and participate in a variety of topographic survey projects; collect and provide the necessary survey information for engineers and draftsmen including records and logs.
- Assist with elevations and definitions of control points, curve data, angles, boundaries, cross sections and areas.
- Participate in surveying activities including locating field evidence for determining existing property and utility lines and right-of-ways; take detailed field notes and make neat sketches of surveyed property.
- Assist in clearing the area or site where survey activities are scheduled including cutting brush and moving man-hole covers; direct traffic as necessary during survey activities.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public concerning engineering and surveying activities.
- Participate in a variety of survey activities requiring travel from site to site, including remote sites.
- Compile, calculate, review and input survey data for the state geodetic system; transfer instrument data to computer system.
For a complete job description, click here.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of experience in technical field survey work.
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
LICENSING & CERTIFICATIONS
Possession of an appropriate valid driver's license and ability to maintain insurability.
From the time of closing the hiring process is anticipated to last 2-3 weeks. The process will consist of a panel interview with the selected candidate being subject to a pre-employment drug screen, background check and driving history check.