Cole & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Collector/ULIP Operator
at Cole & Associates
Cole is a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary company providing Civil Engineering, Surveying, Landscape Architecture and ADA Transition Planning services to our clients. Cole has a national corporate presence with offices in St. Louis and St. Charles, MO, Frisco, TX and Phoenix AZ.
While our offices and services span the US we take pride in our strong company culture. Cole is a collaborative and forward-thinking company and we believe in providing our employees with an active and fun work environment. We are multiple offices, one company!
Data Collector/ULIP Operator Job Description
Cole is looking for a Field Data Collector/ULIP Operator for a 6-month project in Charlotte, NC.
The Data Collector/ULIP Operator will be collecting the data to be used in creating Accessibility Plans. These plans are used by cities and other agencies to ensure the streets and sidewalks are compliant for individuals with disabilities.
- Receive specialized training and become proficient in the use of Segway technology.
- Learn various methods for assessing and measuring sidewalk and curb ramp features.
- Identify and record information on obstructions that might affect accessibility.
- Calibrate and maintain testing equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems in the field
- Create and maintain activity logs
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors
Qualifications and Physical Demands:
- Must be organized, proactive and detail oriented.
- Familiar with or able to quickly learn new technologies.
- High level of accountability required for work product.
- Able to be on feet or standing 8 + hours per day.
- Must have dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs or body to perform movements required to operate a Segway.
- Must have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to bend and/or squat, maneuver and lift up to 70lb.
- Able to constantly work outdoors in a variety of climates.
- Must be able to travel, work weekends, holidays and overtime.
It is the policy of Cole & Associates, Inc. a Missouri Corporation d.b.a Cole Design Group, Inc. in Texas & Arizona,herein referred to as "Cole" not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.