Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Application Specialist # 125065
at Credit Suisse
Overview of business area:
Risk and Finance Workflow and Productivity tools team is an award-winning team producing and integrating software to enable business to automate tasks, reduce costs and collaborate more efficiently.
Overview of the team:
- Workflow team is a global team spread across New York, Raleigh, London, Wroclaw and India, falling under the broader reporting horizontal department (400 member organization) serving Risk and Finance business areas.
- Team is a much diversified team with members coming from different background with rich talent.
- Current workflow team size is 30 members.
This role is for Application Specialist Engineer to join the team and further build the strategic workflow platform for broad adoption by several new business areas within Risk and Finance IT.
- Your opportunities:
- Opportunities to work with the latest tool chains and industry best practices using GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Exposure to new technologies in the bank: RFIT Workflow team is recognized as one of the leaders in innovation within Credit Suisse.
- Opportunities for self-improvement with various training programs within the bank.
- The criteria for success in this role is:
- You are expected to take ownership of your components; provide solutions, innovations and improvements while also being accountable/transparent for your decisions.
- As Application Specialist Engineer you are expected to understand the full tool change from development to deployment for your components.
- Teamwork/partnering is essential as the workflow platform integrates many components across the bank and success is only obtainable by working with other teams within the bank.
- You must always keep in mind the needs of requirement of the bank/clients when proposing new solutions and look to reuse existing components within the bank where possible, without reinventing them. The goal is to deliver the most robust software with the lowest cost and delivery times possible.
- You must be open to new challenges and to move out of your comfort zone.
- Most importantly, you must deliver robust, tested, software with appropriate documentation.
Application support and maintenance is part of application delivery team and is responsible for packaging, releasing, monitoring and supporting BoW deliverables. The team is responsible for triaging application issues and driving to get to the root cause of issues impacting our space. The team is also responsible for improving the application monitoring to make sure we are able to detect and triage production issues within SLA. The team is the accountable to co-ordinate and execute Release Management of our products by engaging Development Leads, Release Management, Production Support and Infrastructure Operations teams. As owners of the production instance, team drives stability by detecting issues and working with partner teams to implement improvements.
- Acting as the technical representative and single point of contact for release and maintenance of Workflow deliverables.
- You will proactively engage with Workflow infrastructure teams to provide stable and complete infrastructure to various Workflow initiatives being undertaken.
- Providing the required documentation.
- Aggressively escalate risks and issues to IT PM, Dev managers and other relevant parties.
- Ensuring that the delivery maintains or improve the level of quality, efficiency, stability and practicability.
- Ensuring that any project modifying the application will follow standard methodologies, is aligned with RF IT architecture strategy and standards and overall CS IT architecture strategy (including bank's standard platforms, applications, and run-time environments).
- You will ensure application owner/Development manager sign off is obtained before release.
- You will coordinate/work with Development, QA, Release Management, Infrastructure, Production Support, and extended teams to ensure smooth release of BoW.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- You have 3 years of experience application packaging, release automation, and supporting operations and infrastructure working with teams of five or more development professionals, on projects of 18 or more months of duration.
- You have 3 years of experience with toolchains and versions control systems as well as automated testing tools e.g. GIT, JIRA, Junit, Jenkins Pipelines.
- Application monitoring experience using monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Osmosys, and Grafana.
- Experience deploying hot fixes to Production.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with a global company, working with diverse teams from different cultural backgrounds.
- Previous experience within Credit Suisse.
- Cloud infrastructure e.g. Azure, Docker, Openshift.
- Experience with BPM systems e.g. Oracle BPM, Camunda.
- You have deep understanding of ALM processes in an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Linux scripting skills.
- Weblogic deployment, administration and configuration.
- Weblogic scripting skills.
- Content Management experience is a plus.
- Process Cloud Service experience is a plus.
For more information visit Technology Careers.