Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contract Validation Lead # 124945
at Credit Suisse
The Front Global Markets Operations (GM Ops) Group exists to move clients from ‘prospect' to ‘customer' in the shortest possible time. GM Ops support sales personnel by providing immediate advice on any account opening and documentation issues that often present themselves. The team is tasked with resolving complex issues which prevents or slows business. GM Ops ensures high standards of Ethics and Control are maintained during account opening processes, assist in ad-hoc/ongoing regulatory projects and improve quality of client static data on CS internal databases.
The individual will be responsible for various duties within the Contract Validation Team (CVT), which support bank standards in respect to the execution of key client documentation. Those duties include translating legal terms set forth in contracts and agreements into Credit Suisse's unique data base and following quality control measures established by General Counsel to mitigate the bank's risk. You will also be responsible for providing an independent review of the accuracy of translations for other colleagues and issuing assignment updates via legal summary documents. All Credit Suisse documentation is of a sensitive nature and relevant to the enablement of business activities within Global Markets and subsequently, should be handled as such.
- Opportunity to work within the Investment Bank and with business partners.
- Chance to initiate in a group that has long term options to move into Business Analyst, Project Management or Data Analyst roles.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Review and complete assignments allocated by the email box manager.
- Track assignments using Excel to ensure timely completion, contributing to the speed of onboarding.
- Follow control processes laid out by General Counsel to prevent breaches of regulatory and internal bank policies.
- If involved in regulatory project: present detailed metrics to project team, implement and monitor project specific procedures as they relate to contract executions, supervise junior.
- Apply financial concepts during contract reviews to ensure accurate representation of contract terms in the database.
- Be proactive in identifying and escalating non-standard requests.
Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Working quickly through data and analytics, strong Excel skills required.
- Preparing metrics.
- Oversight and escalation point for BAU close out team.
- Lead special projects - metrics, procedure document updates, implementation of new control processes.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, accounting, economics, or related business field of study.
- You possess excellent communication skills that are necessary as you will need to interact with multiple teams.
- You possess the ability to succeed in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Experience within a Financial Institution or Law Firm is preferred.
- You have the dream to learn about contracts, regulatory requirements and the risks mitigated through execution of said contracts.
- You are proficient in MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Outlook).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and social skills.
- You possess the basic ability to work independently.
- You have basic knowledge of securities laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, financial and investment government regulations, and the democratic political process.
- You possess the ability to organize both personal files and shared applications (shared drive, shared mailbox).
- You possess the ability to learn and use software rare to Credit Suisse.
- You possess the ability to manage competing priorities and manage time effectively.
- You possess the ability to monitor, track and provide assignment status updates for all assignments. You possess the ability to build and maintain project trend metrics to upper management.