Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. General Manager
at Curtiss-Wright Controls
The Opportunity | Sr. General Manager - Executive Management
The Senior General Manager will oversee operations with multiple functions across multiple business unit with total P&L responsibility $250M across operations located in the US and Mexico. Directs business units to ensure the attainment of financial and operational goals within the unit in support of the company's overall financial and strategic objectives. Establishes budgets, short- and long-range objectives and criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
Administers the organization's policies through subordinate managers and directs and coordinates activities of more than one department, such as engineering, operations, information technology, accounting and finance. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the business units. Highest level of General Manager with P&L responsibility reporting to a Senior VPGM. Typically, GMs or Directors in line positions may report to this role, as well as Senior Managers/Managers in staff functions.
- Review current strategies and operating plans and determine immediate and longer-term action to be pursued. Take the lead in developing strategies to produce growth for the next 2 years and beyond. Ensure product-branding strategies are developed and implemented to ensure sales tools and promotional material is available for product launch. Manage overall business performance and operating management.
- Provides a central focus for product development including concept definition, product and technology roadmaps, long range planning (staff and technology needs) and sustaining engineering. Take the lead role in identifying and developing new business opportunities and core areas for growth. Responsible for establishing and meeting commitments for on-time, on-budget product line delivery for new products, including quality and documentation.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers and outside agencies, third party providers, etc. Provides leadership across the organization for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Ensures compliance with company standards for revenues, efficiencies, cost control, waste reduction, quality safety and complete on-time delivery. Manages compliance with local and national regulatory bodies.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Engineering degree preferred with extensive training in finance and operations and sales experience
- 10 to 15 years of related experience in Aerospace manufacturing
- 6 to 8 years in leadership role of operating department, 4 to 6 years' experience with P&L responsibility
- Skilled presenter and dynamic leader with intense lean and customer focus
- Must have excellent computer skills, composition, power point and ability to present the Company and its products to any audience under any circumstances
- Broad experience in all phases of the operation
- Ability to close orders, motivate people at all levels, create an environment where success is expected and failure not tolerated
- Make the hard decisions on hiring and firing and create a vision for the future
- Must be open to travel
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
Sensors and Controls
With over 50 years of experience in aviation technology, Curtiss-Wright's Sensors & Controls Division is continuing the legacy of flight innovation, providing critical components on a variety of commercial, defense and industrial platforms. From solenoid valves and sensors, to linear and rotary actuators, we work closely with systems integrators to deliver the most reliable products on the market.
Curtiss-Wright's Sensors & Controls Division is a key partner to major commercial aerospace original equipment manufacturers, including Boeing and Airbus. The Division includes businesses that produce high performance electro-mechanical actuation, precision position sensors, fluid controls and motion control subsystems, as well as complex structural components for aerospace applications.
For more information on Curtiss-Wright's Sensors & Control Division, please visit: