Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales
at Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Company : Name
- Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
- Requisition ID
- Firm Operations
With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
Lead DHG’s business development teams by providing strategic guidance and support to ensure growth for the firm. Oversee teams on goal setting, annual reviews, scheduling and other administrative duties. Work with team(s) to drive a high volume of qualified leads with targeted clients, prospects and referral sources for various service lines and/or industry groups. Assist the DHG team in connecting with key industry or business leaders through conferences, networking events and professional industry associations. Help develop and execute client and prospect pursuit plans. DHG desires for our business development executives to help get our teams qualified meetings, and this role would entail those duties, in addition to overseeing the entire team of executives in these endeavors.
- Develop and oversee sales goals and strategies based on the firm priorities
- Develop a firm-wide sales plan which is closely associated with the firm-wide marketing plan and budget, created by the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Create, direct and manage tactical execution of external sales/business development plans.
- Oversee the marketing mix from generating awareness and interest for industries and services in geographic markets to helping to further opportunities through strategic input and ideas.
- Evaluate and communicate the progress and successes relative to programs and strategies to leadership.
- Lead and oversee proactive, results-driven sales teams that provides significant value to the markets they serve in collaboration with the industry and service leaders of the firm.
- Manage the work of assigned direct reports, mentor and grow additional junior team members.
- Collaborates with the Marketing function and leaders of that group to identify new business, client retention, and client growth strategies.
- Determine objectives and allocate resources across multiple markets, services and industries.
- Proactively communicate initiatives and results.
- Provide leadership to strategic target account programs, sales initiatives and aid in responses to proposal requests.
- Assist with new business development support.
- Direct the selection of sponsorships and partner involvement in civic and professional associations to achieve increased awareness of the firm in the communities we reside.
- Provide oversight and guidance to regional marketing team on CRM and other marketing automation tools.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up plans are in place for marketing initiatives and ensure activities are tracked in our CRM database.
- Integrate new knowledge, skills and best practices into daily work and share with colleagues.
- Ensure the brand is executed in all strategies and tactics across the firm.
- Work in collaboration with communications managers to ensure external communications are in line with the marketing strategy and brand promise.
- Provide guidance and strategic support for firm wide initiatives.
- Plays a critical role in driving and leading change within the sales team, keeping a positive attitude and working closely with teams to make their efforts successful.
- Critical liaison to Chief Marketing Officer.
- Ensure distribution of education around the importance of getting meetings with decision makers
- Participate in special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven to fifteen (7-15) plus years of sales experience required.
- Strong track record of sales in professional services environment preferred.
- Demonstrated professional network, including contacts with prospective clients and referral sources preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); able to effectively deal with and sell to high-level executives required.
- Demonstrated skill in all facets of sales process (prospecting, nurturing, negotiating, closing) required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams is required.
- Proven ability to collaboratively team with highly credentialed service delivery professionals to nourish relationships and close sales required.
- Professional, polished appearance and demeanor required.