Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Advertising Operations
At Devada, we put software developers at the core of our business, and we are passionate about providing software development and technology professionals with the knowledge, tools, and strategies they need to build great businesses for the future! Since 2005, Devada has been empowering developers to learn, share, grow, and succeed via the technology-specific web communities we enable. DZone.com is one of the world’s largest communities of user-contributed technical learning resources, and AnswerHub software powers developer relations communities for some of the biggest technology and tech-enabled companies in the world.
We are actively seeking an experienced Director of Advertising Operations to lead the entire advertising and sponsor marketing campaign operations team. In this role, the Director of Advertising Operations will oversee the design, production and delivery of the sponsor marketing, advertising, and promotional activities across our media property, DZone.com. Additionally, The Director of Advertising Operations will lead the team responsible for deploying, managing and optimizing sponsor campaigns for the DZone media business into the market on various platforms inclusive of digital and broadcast capabilities.
As the Director of Advertising Operations, you will partner with the commercially focused DZone media management team, which consists of software development, product management, sales, marketing, and editorial, to deliver on agreed efficiency and effectiveness KPIs and OKRs, including driving revenue and profitability targets for the media team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, lead a great team, and have an immediate impact on how DZone provides a differentiated editorial and marketing experience on DZone.com.
- People Management: The Director of Advertising Operations’ most prominent role is their leadership of the advertising operations department and sponsor marketing campaign specialist team. In this position, you will manage the advertising operations team by overseeing design, scheduling, production, implementation, and measurement of all advertising programs and sponsor campaigns in order to ensure accurate and timely execution of these programs. You will ensure the smooth execution of the day-to-day activities within the department and serve as the main point of contact within the advertising operations department to the rest of the business departments. As a leader, you will drive innovation for the rest of the team, enabling constant data driven and market driven improvement in performance and hence enabling continuous achievement of sales bookings targets as well as the business’s overall revenue and profit targets. The candidate must additionally demonstrate exceptional leadership, communication and change management capabilities, where they are able to move a group towards a unified direction and with a common vision. A suitable candidate will additionally have an ability to form strong, meaningful relationships with other key members of the media management team and broader leadership team of Devada. The top candidate will be an approachable, positive, and relatable individual, which will make it easy for junior personnel to follow in their directives and for senior sales, finance and media management to trust in their judgments and insights.
- Strategy: The Director of Advertising Operations plays a major role in strategic development within the business, where they lead the design, development and deployment of sophisticated ad campaigns, marketing programs, tools, and platforms that are best suited for the business. In this role, you will utilize data sets from existing campaigns to influence strategies for upcoming campaigns in addition to considering performance metrics and behavioral targeting. Continual improvement in the advertising operations department is paramount, and the Director of Advertising Operations will help develop strategies that lead to the achievement of sales objectives and the achievement of the business’s overall targets.
- Collaboration: The role of the Director of Advertising Operations is highly collaborative and, as such, works closely with the sales, product and editorial/content teams in defining the planning, inventory management, prioritization, testing, scheduling, and delivery of advertising programs and campaigns. In this capacity, you will work inter-and-cross-departmentally to inform and implement product and advertising operational improvements. The Director of Advertising Operations will liaise with all departments with a view of exceeding consumer expectations on advertising campaign set up, service, delivery, and performance.
- Analytics: The Director of Advertising Operations plays a data driven, analytical role, where they lead a team that analyzes data, prepares recommendations, and performs periodic optimizations for the purpose of ensuring advertising and marketing campaign success rates. In this capacity, you will review dashboards and ad campaign performance with sales teams as well as customers in order to generate reports and come up with informed, fact-based solutions that efficiently increase the performance of the business’s campaigns. The Director of Advertising Operations will also generate reports for senior management on proposed calculated approaches and strategies in advertising that will lead to increased sales bookings and revenue optimization performance and the achievement of the business’s overall objectives.
- Knowledge and Opportunity: The Director of Advertising Operations is tasked with identifying, establishing, and implementing the business’ best practices on advertising and marketing campaign set-up, optimization, measurement, and reporting. This individual will conduct continuous market driven research, attend crucial industry seminars and events, and keep up with industry publications. In this capacity, the Director of Advertising Operations will also troubleshoot numerous tracking problems, develop solutions, and document internal procedures to ensure the execution of departmental duties.
What We Look For:
- 7+ years required technical and operational experience in a digital media advertising and campaign operation group working across all digital technologies, measurement tools and delivery capabilities, such as:
- Ad Servers (Google Ad Manager (DFP), podcast, mobile, video, display)
- Viewability & Fraud
- Audience Measurement
- Data and Tag Management
- Behavioral Targeting
- Emerging Platforms
- 4+ years’ experience leading and managing a digital media advertising and campaign operations team, with proven strengths in strategy, supervisory, mentorship, and leadership capacities
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and change management capabilities, with the ability to move a group towards a unified direction and with a common vision
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning and campaign management processes within an “agency-like” environment providing internal and external customers with solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of how advertising and marketing campaign technologies satisfy digital campaign measurement needs, and the implications of mis-implementation on ability to deliver on those needs
- Demonstrated ability to define, implement and measure ongoing performance and improvement with key processes and policies
- Demonstrated effectiveness in breaking down complex client challenges into clear opportunities, repeatable solutions, especially when communicating on highly technical subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships and collaborate with cross-functional peers, managers, subordinates, and partners to achieve business results
- Excellent project and program management skills with an aptitude for independently managing multiple projects
- Ability to provide an articulate point-of-view while speaking with diverse audiences, including clients ranging from CMO’s (and their teams) as well as CRO’s, CCO’s and CFO’s
- Data driven and analytical mindset with knowledge and passion for media, data and technology
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required. Degrees in the following subject areas are preferred: engineering, computer science, information science, marketing and/or business-related fields with technical and project management skills.
Working for Devada
At Devada, “developer” is in our DNA. Our products and services are specifically focused on building and supporting great online communities for software developers to learn and share knowledge. Our software platform, AnswerHub, is used by the world’s largest development organizations to give both internal developers and partners a place to share technical knowledge. Our media property, DZone.com, is home to one of the world’s largest online communities for developers.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
Devada has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for five years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.