General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Engineer Senior - Secret - Ft. Bragg, NC
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Network Engineer Senior
Ft. Bragg, NC
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
6. May perform network administration duties
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
8. Installs, tests, and troubleshoots both land based network equipment as well as fly away kits
9. Participates in special projects as required
10. Must possess and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5(+) years of directly related experience in network analysis and design. Experience with hardware encryption (KG-xxx) required and software encryption highly desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- Experience with hardware encryption (KG-xxx) required and software encryption highly desired
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment
- 8570- IAT Level 2 + Vendor Cert. CCNA Routing and Switching preferred and Security+ CE
- Roughly 25% travel required
- Must possess and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES