Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Home Health Medical Social Worker
at Kindred at Home
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do.
We offer a unique employment package that includes:
- Unprecedented opportunities for career growth.
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement.
- Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
As a Home Health Medical Social Worker, you will:
- Instruct, treat, observe and evaluate patients exhibiting significant social and emotional problems affecting their health status.
- Participate in the development and periodic re-evaluation of the physician’s Plan of Treatment.
- Instruct and counsel patients and families in treating and coping with social and emotional response connected with the illness.
- Regularly assess the patient and family psychosocial needs.
- Regularly assess the pre-bereavement/anticipatory grief needs.
- Implement the Plan of Care provisions to meet their needs, which include: social service goals for alleviating problems, supportive counseling, problem solving, community referrals, etc
- Master’s Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Minimum of one year social work experience in a healthcare setting or social services agency
- Current Social Worker license
- Home Health experience a plus
- Knowledge of and ability to obtain community resources (information and referral, state/federal financial programs and eligibility requirements, etc.).
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Keywords: Case management, case manager, case worker, clinical social work, clinical social worker, community outreach, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, hospital, human services, LMSW, LSW, L.M.S.W., L.S.W., medical, medical care, med surg, med-surg, medicare, PRN, PDM, social work, social worker, MSW, M.S.W., medical social work, medical social worker, master social work, master social worker, master’s social work, master’s social worker, mastered social work, mastered social worker, hospice, palliative care, social services, hospice social work, hospice social worker, palliative care social work, palliative care social worker, end of life support, end of life care, certified hospice and palliative social worker, CHP-SW, CHP SW NASW, National Association of Social Workers, home health social work, home health social worker, SW job, SW jobs, MSW job, MSW jobs, clinical social work job, clinical social work jobs, clinical social worker job, clinical social worker jobs, LMSW job, LMSW jobs, LSW job, LSW jobs, L.M.S.W. job, L.M.S.W. jobs, L.S.W. job, L.S.W. jobs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.