Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Home Health Occupational Therapist Assistant
at Kindred at Home
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do.
We offer a unique employment package that includes:
- Unprecedented opportunities for career growth.
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement.
- Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Home Health Occupational Therapist Assistant, you will:
- Provide therapy services planned, delegated and supervised by the qualified Occupational Therapist in accordance with the patient’s Plan of Treatment.
- Assist in the implementation of vocational/education programs and activities established by registered Occupational Therapist designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote/maintain health and self-sufficiency.
- Design/adapt equipment and working and/or living environment. Fabricate devices to assist and improve function and independence and participation in the program and/or community where possible.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients as directed by the qualified Occupational Therapist and in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures.
- Report information and observations to Occupational Therapist and/or Clinical supervisor, document observed information in patient records and prepares clinical notes. Assist with preparation of progress reports. Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility.
- Instruct patients and family members regarding home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities, as appropriate, to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Current and unrestricted OTA licensure
- Minimum of six months occupational therapist assistant experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
Keywords: Acute care, ADL, ADLs, ALF, BLS, case management, case manager, clinical, clinic, clinical rotation, geriatric, geriatrics, Healthcare, health care, certified occupational therapy assistant, certified occupational therapist assistant, hand therapy, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, hospital, inpatient, inpatient OTA, inpatient COTA, inpatient C.O.T.A., inpatient O.T.A., inpatient occupational therapist assistant, inpatient occupational therapy assistant, inpatient therapist, licensed therapist, licensed COTA, licensed C.O.T.A, licensed OTA, licensed O.T.A., licensed occupational therapist assistant, licensed occupational therapy assistant, modalities, neuro, neurological, ortho, orthopedics, outpatient clinic, OTA, O.T.A., occupational therapist assistant, occupational therapy, occupational therapy assistant, medical, medical care, therapist, therapy Care Manager, therapy case manager, therapy case management, therapy Job, therapy Jobs, COTA job, C.O.T.A. job, OTA job, OTA jobs, COTA jobs, C.O.T.A. jobs, O.T.A. job, O.T.A. jobs, occupational therapy assistant job, occupational therapy assistant jobs, occupational therapist assistant job, occupational therapist assistant jobs, Oasis, outpatient, out patient, outpatient rehab, outpatient OTA, outpatient O.T.A, outpatient occupational therapy assistant, outpatient occupational therapist assistant, PRN, PDM, rehab, rehab OTA, rehab O.T.A., rehab occupational therapist assistant, rehab occupational therapy assistant, rehab setting, rehabilitative, therapeutic, skilled visit, SNF, subacute, sub acute, post acute, therapy, travel OTA, travel O.T.A., travel COTA, travel C.O.T.A., travel therapist, travel occupational therapist, traveling OTA, traveling O.T.A., traveling COTA, traveling C.O.T.A., traveling occupational therapist assistant, traveling occupational therapy assistant, Girling, Girling Home Health, Girling Hospice, AmHeart Hospice, Asian American Home Health, Asian American Hospice, Girling Healthcare, Harden Home Health, Harden Hospice, Healthfield, Iowa Hospice, Missouri Home Care of Rolla, Omega Hospice, The Home Option, Girling Community Care, Odyssey, Vista Care, VistaCare, Olsten Kimberley Quality Care ~MON~
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME