Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LPN/LVN Intake Specialist PRN
at Kindred at Home
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a LPN/LVN Intake Specialist, you will:
- Receive and respond to incoming calls from referral sources or potential patients, exchange information to identify patients’ needs, and determine the Company’s ability to meet them.
- Record the outcome of calls, make follow-up calls as necessary, track and report on conversion ratios, (as necessary) and identify alternative community service sources when solutions are not available.
- Enter referral information in System including clinical information and orders for services if available. Identify potential payer sources, establish primary payers, document demographic/clinical/payer information and determine coverage availability for third party non-governmental payers.
- Notify branch of referral via email as either pending or ready to be staffed.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all services and resources provided by the Company and available within the community.
- Access national account information, including the names of the accounts and the terms of the contracts as appropriate. Interact with referral sources to facilitate communications, answer questions and resolve problems.
- May obtain ongoing authorizations for visits based upon written information supplied by clinical field staff. Submit requests to appropriate payers, document authorization, and notify branch via e-mail when authorization is obtained. Work with Intake Manager and Branch Managers when requests for care are inappropriate or incomplete or are not a covered benefit.
- Generate sales correspondence, contact referral sources and assist in sales/marketing activities.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum of three years clinical experience in area of specialty
- Acute/homecare experience within the past two years
- LPN/LVN licensure in the state(s) of desired practice
- Strong knowledge of governmental home health agency regulations and Medicare policies
- Working knowledge of personal computer and data entry, email retrieval, Internet and Microsoft
- Office or equivalent software skills
- Excellent negotiation, organization, decision-making and communications skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.