Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GOLD'S GYM
- Job ID
- High Point Gym
- Job Region
The Fitness Manager will manage and develop the fitness department in an assigned gym, provide training and leadership for new and existing Assistant Fitness Managers, personal trainers, coaches, and GGX instructors, ensuring the fitness team is scheduled and equipped to deliver service to clients. He/she will work with all gym personnel to involve them in fitness education and sales. Responsible for overall revenue generation of Personal Training sales by increasing the number of full-time personal trainers on staff, active clients, session service and personal production. The Fitness Manager will role-model the company’s values and culture.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of personal trainers, coaches, and GGX instructors.
- Support and manage the Assistant Fitness Manager.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date certification and CPR records of all personal training staff.
- Respond to member complaints and suggestions.
- Ensure that all fitness team members maintain knowledge of current Gold's Gym pricing and promotions.
- Manage Group Fitness programs including coach hiring, training and development. This includes developing a robust schedule of classes, providing coach feedback, holding quarterly practices. Also, oversee the execution of administrative duties including: Monthly GGX Tracker Report, payroll submissions, substitute scheduling, class attendance monitoring, managing equipment inventory, member and instructor communication and certification management.
- Ensure new members meet a fitness professional on their first visit.’
- Conduct personal training and group sessions with clients, adhering to incentive agreement guidelines for fitness service limits.
- At least 1 year of management and/or leadership experience.
- At least 1 year of fitness industry experience.
- Current personal training certification from an approved accredited institution.
- Current CPR and AED certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in an exercise related field preferred.
- Knowledge of current trends and techniques within personal training and health & fitness.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift stoop, spot or walk repeatedly without any problems.