Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Procurement Agent
at HAECO Americas
- Job ID
- Pos. Category
- Supply Chain
- Position Type
- Full Time - Direct
The Senior Procurement Agent is the Company expert in Supplier Management and Procurement. Serves as a consultant to top management in significant matters relating to key supplier performance. Identifies industry trends, capacity restraints and alternative resources. Serves as a technical resource to both supply base and programs. Provides technical leadership for developing and implementing critical strategic supplier and commodity activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Protect the Company’s competitive cost position by developing procurement plans; determining appropriate contract types, evaluating supplier proposals; negotiating price, schedules and terms with qualified suppliers; and committing the company to contractual agreements with subcontracts.
- Guide and influence major procurement decisions by analyzing industry data, capacity, trends, costs and market environment.
- Investigate new products, product changes and innovations, and quality manufacturing improvements.
- Assure effective management of subcontract efforts by leading activities of other disciplines as required and demonstrating advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
- Provide leadership to the procurement team and managing the total procurement effort for assigned projects/programs, including directing such tasks as fact finding, price and cost analysis, source selection, negotiations, and bidder briefings and debriefings.
- Guide and instruct less experienced personnel in the resolution of problems related to specifications, requirements, product quality and delivery schedules as well s other criteria.
- Lead on-site audits and supplier assessments as necessary to qualify, evaluate and develop suppliers.
- Manage procurement packages by gaining a thorough understanding of supplier-customer relationships; by developing a working knowledge of own organization’s relationships with other HAECO organizations; and, by developing and implementing and authorizing actions to incorporate with other functional disciplines.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ethical business conduct, legal principles, and protection of HAECO, supplier and customer proprietary data by complying with company policies, procedures and accepted business practices.
- Maintain contractual integrity of procurement packages by reviewing, determining and incorporating appropriate State and Federal regulations, contract flow-down requirements, and other special terms and conditions peculiar to individual contracts types.
- Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities by personal commitment to professional development and by practicing continuous improvement of processes.
- Support Corporate goals for small business/small disadvantaged business by promoting the use of qualified sources and by seeking, encouraging and assisting new candidates to become qualified.
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience in Purchasing and/or fields in Supply Chain Management.
- Seven to Ten years procurement and Supply Chain Management experience leading to a solid understanding of the organization’s processes and product flow, the ability to interpret engineering data where applicable and a demonstrated ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Proficient in MS Office software applications.
- Good written and oral communication skills and the traits of an effective leader in correspondence with Suppliers and Executive Management.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and accurately perform duties.
- Must have independent problem solving skills and the discipline to persevere until problems are solved.
- Willingness to continue personal growth and development.
- International and domestic travel required, up to 20%.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.