Hanes Brand Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Technical Consultant - Network
at Hanes Brand Inc
- Pos. Type
- Full Time Regular
- Pos. Category
- Information Technology
- Due Date
- Location : Street
- 1000 E Hanes Mill Road
- Location : Zip
The Lead Technical Consultant provides IT services across various network technologies in which the IT organization must manage technology to achieve business outcomes. Work closely with IT enterprise architects and other IT partners to ensure holistic solutions are well defined.
- Establishes environment by evaluating performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining policies and procedures; establishing server connections
- Defines specifications by conferring with other IT personnel; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing server administration, including server configuration and integration
- Supports administration work by answering technical and procedural questions for others; orienting team members
- Leads system performance by performing server monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting problems; escalating problems to vendor
- Supports securing of systems by developing server access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Leads upgrades of environment by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
Protects organization value by keeping information confidential; cautioning others regarding potential breaches
Bachelor's degree preferred
More than 10 years experience required
- Administers the server environment including hardware, network, and software infrastructure components. Designs, installs, and configures systems, monitors systems activities, and fine tunes system parameters and configuration to optimize performance and ensures security of systems. Guides the installation and monitoring of applications in a virtual environment. Develops and maintains operating procedures which support the infrastructure systems environment. Recommends and implements procedures required for effective use of infrastructure systems resources. Experience in integration and associated challenges in the different virtualization layers namely storage, compute, and networking.
- Designs, develops, procures, and implements applications of wireless and mobile technologies in productivity solutions for employees. Requires knowledge of wireless infrastructure and standards including security, systems programming, and networks.
- Provides in-depth assessment of networked application needs, provides network modeling, and simulation consulting to further clarify client/server or Internet/intranet networking needs, engineers router-based high-speed technology network transports to deliver client/server or Internet/intranet application functionality, and evaluates and implements new advanced networking technologies. Network engineers also provide telephony support, high-speed or real-time audio and video support, and design/implementation of the network.
- Focus is primarily Network Infrastructure. Primarily implements, administers, and operates the Network infrastructure. Functions include researching, defining, and recommending workstation and server hardware/software configurations.
- Experience in Cisco LAN switching, wireless networking, PRIME, Riverbed, video conferencing.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: