Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Cook-Part-Time, Every Other Weekend
HHHunt's Spring Arbor Senior Living of Cary is seeking a part-time, every other weekend Cook who will be responsible for preparing desirable and healthy food for residents, employees and guests under sanitary conditions as required by HHHunt policies and state licensure and health regulations. The Cook will also assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for residents, employees and guests.
Food Preparation and Cleaning
- Assist Food Service management to ensure food is prepared and cooked in a nutritional, appetizing fashion, and presented in an attractive manner
- Use proper food handling and sanitation practices during all preparation and cooking activities
- Communicate with staff and residents and document concerns, suggestions, or menu changes
- Assist in serving food at mealtime and clearing tables
- Ensure all utensils, dishes, equipment, work areas and floors are cleaned properly and in a timely manner and adhering to infection control, foodborne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling, sanitation, and fire and safety procedures
- Store food properly
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to prepare palatable foods that are appetizing in appearance
- Knowledge of safety and sanitary requirements
- Friendly and engaging demeanor while providing consistently, timely service
- Well groomed and ability to follow dress requirements
- High School degree or equivalent preferred, must be 16 years or older. In NC, must be 18 years or older if operating power driven machines such as a meat slicer, mixer, etc.
- 3 years experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or service environment preferred
- Culinary arts experience preferred
- CPR, First-Aid, Serv-Safe certifications preferred
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for residents without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
- Ability to work well with others and promote a team environment
While other companies just build places to live, at HHHunt we build a better way of life. HHHunt has continued to build on its successes and is now a recognized leader in senior living with communities throughout Virginia, North Carolina, and Maryland. It is HHHunt’s mission to improve the world and how people live by creating meaningful experiences and places of great distinction.
HHHunt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great growth potential and an excellent work environment. HHHunt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.