High Point Regional Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Outpatient Oncology - Hayworth Cancer Center
at High Point Regional Health System
Hayworth Cancer Center
40 hours per week
Accountable for performance of Outpatient Infusion/Non-oncology outpatient infusion, Oncology Urgent Care and Oncology Laboratory departments on a 24/7 basis; including; healthcare customer focused outcomes, service delivery outcomes, financial, marketplace, and operational performance. Coaches' staff and partners, facilitating achievement of ever-improving individual and unit performance. Ensures ongoing performance excellence through alignment, deployment and integration of key processes. Promotes teamwork, collaboration, and shared decision making, cultivating an environment of innovation, knowledge sharing, ongoing learning, and continuous improvement. Provides and facilitates an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, ongoing unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff.
EducationBachelors Nursing Required*
Masters Nursing, Health Administration, or Business Administration Preferred
* BSN required or attained within 2 years of hire/promotion.
Certifications and LicensuresRegistered Nurse with current NC License Required
Oncology Nurse Certification Required
Experience3 Clinical Nursing Required
2 Clinical Oncology Nursing Required
2 Management Preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General hospital orientation provided by Learning and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Specific orientation to Nurse Manager role.
- Demonstrates competency in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of performance assessment and improvement principles and research process.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate team or group activities.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including professional verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy, ability to be flexible and to prioritize in complex situations, decision-making skills and professional development through participation in continuing education and professional organizations.
- Must successfully complete Human Subjects Protection Training in Biomedical Research provided by CITI through UNC-CH