Holston Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Holston Medical Group
The Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) is a skilled allied health professional specializing in education, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries. Effectively interacts with patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers while maintaining the standards of care and code of ethics as detailed by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA). The ATC is also responsible for community education. This position will cover area community outreach events and Public Schools athletic events.
• Communicates with medical and allied health professionals regarding patients' progress, needs, return to activities, and discharge planning
• Provides learner appropriate instruction in injury prevention, and injury management for the patient to use independently. Adapts conventional techniques to meet the needs of patients
• Applying and Educating Patients in Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
• Assist in patient triage
• Maintains proper documentation on all patients and services performed
• Facilitates the development of outreach programs and services to meet the needs of the community within budget constraints.
• Attend area athletic events at the local schools and community
• Performs athletic testing protocols
• Maintains training areas, assuring the proper supplies and equipment are available, organized and neatly kept
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements
• Build quality relationships with patients, physicians/providers, and co-workers
• Graduate with a BS/MS of an accredited Athletic Training/Sports Medicine.
• 0-3 years clinical experience
• Must be licensed in the State of Tennessee and CPR certified
• Must possess clinical skills
• Must possess excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others
Combination of walking, sitting, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting. Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Occasional stress from balancing multiple tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.