Holston Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Holston Medical Group
The Office Nurse is responsible for providing quality, compassionate patient care in the clinic setting consistent with Holston Medical Group’s quality practice standards, polices, procedures and customer service expectations. As a member of the clinical staff, the Office Nurse will proactively participate in identifying the needs of the patients and will implement methodology as directed to improve both patient clinical experience and care. Duties include but are not limited to: taking vital signs, data collection with both written and electronic documentation, and medication administration. The Office Nurse is also one of the patient’s primary sources of Health Education in the Patient-Centered Medical Home Health Care Delivery Model.
• Use patient first values in assisting patients with needs
• Greet patients with compassion and a friendly face
• Accurately assess and record patient vital signs in electronic database
• Prepare patients for examinations
• Serve as a Health Educator as directed in the Patient-Centered Medical Home Health Care Delivery Model
• Obtain prior authorizations and pre-certifications as needed for patients having procedures or tests
• Dispose of contaminated supplies/used items
• Sterilize medical instruments as needed
• Ensure that exam rooms are clean and stocked for patient use
• Maintain both supplies and equipment, proactively work with co-workers to stock
• Attend nurse meetings and other educational opportunities
• May be moved to other offices upon request based upon the business need of Holston Medical Group on an occasional basis
• Pick up vaccines and other medications as needed
• Mail normal labs to patients and call patients with abnormal labs
• Perform customer service checks on patients every 10 minutes
• Change sharps container and biohazard trash
• Ensure to follow policies and procedures set by Holston Medical Group
• Maintain communication with providers to ensure that patents needs are taken care of
• Communicate all office issues with the Nurse Manager and Regional Operations Manager
• Ensure that equipment is in operating order (crash cart, defibrillator, autoclave, etc.)
• Mentor new nursing staff and orient to the office
• Ensure that the Health Department records are maintained for the vaccinations for children
• Maintain clinical area to meet site visit standards
• Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters relating to personnel and patient PHI (Protected Health Information)
• Enroll patients in myHMG as directed
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• LPN license by the state in which employed
• 0 -2 years experience
• CPR certified
• Must possess excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others
• Customer Focus
• Ethics and Values
• Learning on the Fly
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Problem Solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms.
• The employee frequently is required to sit, walk, stand, and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The employee may be exposed to bodily fluids and infectious diseases.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.