IBM Power Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety/Industrial Hygiene Professional
at IBM Power Systems
Safety/Industrial Hygiene Professional
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship
The safety/industrial hygiene position is expected to apply broad knowledge and an ability to recognize and evaluate potential occupational hazards and recommend controls in relation to this role. They will develop, implement, and maintain high quality safety &/or industrial hygiene programs and processes to assist Business Units and line management, primarily across US field and remote locations.
- Provide advice and guidance to IBM Management, Business Units, Human Resources, Real Estate and Security function with respect to occupational safety and health regulations and standards as part of IBM’s Corporate Health & Safety for US field and remote locations.
- Coordinate and conduct safety surveys, reviews and investigations in various work environments (e.g. remote locations, offices, datacenters, mobile workforce, etc.).
- Perform incident/accident investigations to determine root cause and recommend countermeasures to prevent recurrence.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory and company requirements in addition to professional advancements in the Safety and Industrial Hygiene disciplines.
- Evaluate existing processes and implements continual improvement consistent with regulatory requirements, and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Define goals, maintain skills, conduct special projects and provide technical direction as a member of a remote, multi-functional US and global team.
- Effectively team with others to provide employee health and safety services and develop/implement new employee well-being initiatives.
- Participate in regional and geography health and safety audits and peer reviews.
- Use knowledge from several technical disciplines to recognize potential hazards, assess risk, determine root causes and recommend action plans for complex issues.
- Assess and provide guidance on addressing potential indoor air quality concerns.
- Engage with IBM’s insurance carrier to provide loss prevention safety support.
- Provide expertise to implement global and country specific safety standards, provide expertise as safety/IH program owner to develop, maintain and communicate programs for the US.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of business unit strategies, and
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Occupational Health & Safety Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, problem solving and judgment skills
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Has attained or is planning to attain professional certification, such as CSP or CIH
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Human Resources
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.