JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Phone Systems/Telecom Deployment Project Manager (Construction) in Charlotte, NC at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
The Telecom/Cabling Project Manager’s (TPM) primary responsibility is to manage the clients circuits, equipment and cable infrastructure. This position works as part of the Construction Project virtually and reports to the Senior Telecom Project Manager. Duties may include assessments of current telecom accounts, MAC (Move, Add, Change) requests, make recommendations for telephone systems and/or convert locations to Skype. Additional responsibilities include management of cable installations for office, warehouse, and secure environments. The TPM develops the design, scope, schedule and budget for project work and manages the work of low-voltage cable contractors and service vendors throughout the five phases of the project, initiation, planning, construction, monitoring and closeout. As part of the Project and Development Services (PDS) team, the PM must be a team player and apply professional Project Management practices to ensure requirements are met.
- Proactively manage telecom and cable projects
- Gather telecom and cable requirements from Customer, JLL Construction PM or Director of Real Estate
- Develop design, budget and scope of work
- Analyze and summarize voice and data circuits in a Telecom Expense Management database, i.e. Tangoe, Calero, Cass, MDSL, etc.
- Inventory current telecom contracts and services to identify and eliminate redundancies
- Gain appropriate approvals for assigned projects, to include system design/specification, purchases, request for change(s)
- Coordinate and track all vendor Request for Quotes (“RFQs”)
- Collaborate with IT Services, Physical Security and Corporate Security to determine their telecom/cable requirements
- Interact, negotiate and coordinate activities with cable contractors
- Prepare/update databases for reporting/status and maintain files for due diligence and financials
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation
- Ensure that all Telecom electrical requirements are appropriately communicated to project team for on-time installation
- Generate appropriate work orders in client system (Corrigo)
- Properly manage project closeout.
- Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures, to include but not limited to ethics and business practice
- Contribute to the growth of the account and company
- Meet assigned operational and financial targets
- Enhance one’s own professional and personal skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience – or a combination of relevant work experience, education, or an equivalent Military experience
Certifications and Licenses
- PMP certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to work self-directed in fast paced, multitask, and matrixed environment. Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive – requires little supervisory attention
- Experience in project planning
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients
- Experience with design and installation telephone systems, telephony billing analysis, cable construction management and telephony billing analysis
- Familiar with technical requirements for PBX / VoIP Switch (e.g. Skype for Business), Digital and Analog installations and modifications
- Experience with Telecom Expense Management (TEM) databases and telecommunications billing
- Focus areas include carrier invoices for Voice/Data Circuits, Internet, Wi-Fi, VOIP and other advanced IT communications services
- Familiarity with architectural drawings, furniture and space plan concepts (e.g. test fits)
- Familiar with cable construction management
- Familiar with BICSI standards
- Flexibility with work hours and travel, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.