Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kearfott Corporation
This position is responsible for using a wide variety of precision measuring equipment to perform visual and mechanical inspection of critical tolerances of machined parts, assemblies, sub-assemblies and completed units.
- Checks tolerance and finishes of mechanized parts, processed parts and completed units using a variety of tools and gauges. May perform first piece inspection at vendor's location.
- Makes own set ups of testing equipment and gauges following prescribed methods.
- Records data and plots results according to established procedures.
- Summarize, file and maintain records.
- Plan and set up initial lay outs to perform first piece inspection on machined parts and castings.
- Improvise and prepare set ups where no procedures have been established.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED, 1 year of relevant course work at a technical/vocation program preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in mechanical inspection process.
- Must be able to understand advanced math calculations, and basic mechanics.
- Must have the ability to make critical measurements of pitch diameter, hole location, and other critical dimensions.
- Must have knowledge of geometric dimensioning and be familiar with tolerance charts to perform many inspection processes.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available.