Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Inspector-- Durham, NC
at Kinetics Systems
Durham, North Carolina
# of openings:
QA Technician Level II- Durham, NC
Responsible for providing QAQC support for assigned project site(s). Must comply with corporate and regulatory requirements; conduct inspections and review/analyze data and documentation as necessary.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Provide direct supervision to level I QA Technicians as required.
- Conduct and coordinate all activities required to successfully provide quality assurance on an individual project, including but not limited to:
- Perform or witness material inspection
- Perform or witness weld inspection
- Perform or witness welder qualifications and certifications
- Installation Inspections
- Customer / installation relationship development
- Conformance / nonconformance reporting
- Perform or witness hydrostatic testing
- Perform or witness pneumatic testing
- Preparation and submission of final documentation to the client
- Archive Documentation per published Kinetics procedures
- Utilize the Kinetics Quality Documentation program to record Inspection activities
Specifications and Code Compliance:
- Maintain knowledge of each projects specifications and codes compliance requirements
- Train quality assurance level I employees in those requirements
- Maintain and collect information for filing at the Kinetics jobsite and/or fab shop;
- Maintain and provide documentation required by customer specifications; and
- Archive documentation required by Kinetics policy and customer specifications.
- QC Experience in Pharma industry required
- Must have an ASNT Level II, AWS CWI or Equivalent
- Requires knowledge and experience in inspections of high purity and non-high purity systems, use of inspection tools and equipment such as borescopes, calipers, and profilometers;
- Must be able to read and understand isometric drawings.
- Must maintain knowledge of each project's specifications and codes compliance requirements.
- Must have great attention to detail and be highly organized, a team player and possess solid communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Must be computer literate.
- Preferred candidate should have a minimum of 1-5years of quality-related construction experience, preferably with a background in "mechanical construction."
Moderate domestic travel is required. Projects assignments may include all elements of the weather seasons. Projects may have buildings that are not climate controlled and areas can be considered a construction atmosphere. Must be able to work shift work with possible evenings and weekends.
This position consists of long periods of standing, climbing to elevated surfaces. Must be able to lift the equipment that is assigned to them. Use elevated work platform equipment. Walk long distances. Must be able to use basic hand tools.