Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- 02-Jul-2019 to 31-Jul-2019 (CST)
- Fayetteville, NC, USA
- Full Time
Title Process Engineer
Location Fayetteville, North Carolina
Who we are:
Voted one of the Nation's Best and Brightest Companies to Work for, Kuraray America, Inc. (KAI) is a global leader in specialty chemical, fiber and resin production. With top-of-the-line research and production facilities and a vast network of supply from around the world, Kuraray leads the industry in specialty dental, fiber, resin, and elastomer products. Kuraray America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kuraray Company, Ltd. Based in Tokyo, Japan. Kuraray has operations in 28 countries and employees more than 10,000 employees, including over 750 in the United States.
Kuraray is building a better tomorrow, today. Our team members are dedicated to expanding our business with committed professionals who share essential values such as integrity, excellence, teamwork and accountability.
As a part of Kuraray America, Inc., our team shares the advantages of working for the leader in specialty chemicals, resins and fibers. Our international presence and resources allow us to be a world-leading innovator in the industries we service. Yet, despite our size, our people are more than just a number. As a new team member you can expect to earn responsibility quickly. Our commitment to our people is visible in our comprehensive benefits package. As a Kuraray team member, you will have the opportunity to enjoy competitive salaries and benefits, incentive opportunities, and an excellent work environment.
Kuraray America is seeking a Process Engineer for our Trosifol® / SentryGlas® unit in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The site has a highly flexible and motivated work force. On site, our employees enjoy growth and development opportunities as part of our winning team.
- Provide technical oversight of day to day operations
- Assist Operations and Maintenance with troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem solving
- Work with Operations to improve safety, yield, productivity and uptime
- Recognize when process is not in control, and understands the steps needed to address.
- Identify and implements solutions to manufacturing issues related to technology
- Provide assistance / leadership in PSM areas (Process Technology, PHA, Management of Change-Technology, Root Cause Analysis)
- Maintain up to date technology information for the manufacturing area
- Lead manufacturing technology and productivity related improvements for the unit
- Develop and applies knowledge for control of energy, equipment check-out, process commissioning, troubleshooting of unusual problems
- Participate in and executes activities related to small or large capital projects (including commissioning, decommissioning, start-up, shut down, etc.)
- Understand and conduct cost benefit analysis for various projects and initiatives.
- Specifying, documenting and maintaining technology parameters to insure the process delivers product at the level of the quality required by the final customer.
- Providing 24/7 assistance to the operations facility
- Assist with training personnel within the organization to maintain and enhance process operations
- Utilize Six Sigma and Lean methodologies for product and process improvements
- Gauging System and Camera Inspection System oversight
- Provide customer support as needed
- Occasional travel associated with training, technology exchanges or customer shop visits
- Member of regional and global networking technology teams
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to diagnose, troubleshoot, solve or help others solve equipment and/or process issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key PSM Technology elements such as Process Hazards Analysis, Process Technology, Management of Change-Technology, RAGAGEP among others
- Demonstrated ability to teach, coach, mentor develop others, and work in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation
- Well-developed technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must work well in both self-managed and team environment
- Six Sigma certification is preferred
- Knowledge of plant operations and metrics.
- Ability to access and network with appropriate site and corporate teams to gain or share knowledge.
- Self-management skills with strong initiative.
- Demonstrated skill to diagnose and solve technical problems.
- Ability to develop data-driven solutions.
- Provide leadership skills and able to listen to team members' input to make recommendations aligned with production goals.
- Quality driven analysis of customer requirements and plant operating product properties
- Involved in continuous improvement of plant operating parameters
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base pay and an annual incentive. This program is designed to reward individual performance and align overall rewards with corporate and team performance.
Our employees enjoy an attractive healthcare benefits package, including wellness reimbursements to promote a healthy lifestyle. We also provide an Educational Reimbursement Plan, helping our employees fulfill their career goals, as well as a competitive 401(k).
Please apply online at: http://www.kuraray.us.com/careers/
Kuraray America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/disability/protected veteran status
No third party candidates accepted.