Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Learfield Sports
- Req No.
- Location Name
- Learfield IMG College, Winston-Salem
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others."
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for accounting responsibilities including sales accounting; participation in the monthly general close process; and assisting in audits.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and account analysis of the general ledger for month-end close including such areas as cash, prepaid/accrued expenses, & inter-company balances.
- Prepare general ledger entries and reconciliations for month-end closing accurately & in a timely manner;
- Reconcile and record sales transactions accurately & in a timely manner;
- Analyze financial statements & report on variances as needed;
- Assist in maintenance & monitoring of internal controls;
- Assist with internal and external financial and tax audits as needed, including assisting with the preparation of supplemental information;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field;
- 2-5 years General Ledger accounting experience;
- Strong understanding of accounting theory;
- Understanding of all accounting functions and related internal controls;
- Knowledge of US GAAP, & ability to research/resolve accounting application;
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research/reconcile accounts;
- Experience in process improvement;
- Excellent written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Good organization & time management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines;
- Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel;
- Large company ERP system experience.