McKim & Creed
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Engineer (Water/Wastewater)
at McKim & Creed
McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we’ve also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we’ve created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That’s what our clients want. That’s why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth’s finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Water team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Provides planning, design and operational support services for municipal water and wastewater projects.
- Responsibilities include master plan development, preliminary engineering evaluations, report preparation, design drawing and technical specification production, and permit submittals for water and wastewater projects.
- Responsible for managing design tasks and staff on multiple, concurrent projects while maintaining quality, schedule, and budget objectives.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- NC Professional Engineer License, or ability to quickly acquire NC PE quickly through reciprocity.
- 10-15 years of experience in municipal water and wastewater design.
- Technically competent, a team player and good communications required.
- Professional Society technical and committee leadership is a plus.
- Must provide design management, leadership and guidance throughout the life of a project.
- Must be able to lead a project team, execute self-directed activities, and provide mentoring to staff.
- Must be able to conduct project team meetings.
- May or may not require a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.