Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mission Health
- Requisition ID
- Mission Hospital
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- 8:30 - 5:00
- Job Location : Location
Overview and Qualifications
Mission Health, a division of HCA Healthcare, in Asheville, NC welcomes applications to join the finance team as our Controller.
The Controller oversees the day-to-day functions of the Accounting Department. Responsibilities include the month-end close of six facility general ledgers and the preparation of the budget for six facilities. In addition, the Controller ensures the hospital maintains compliance with HCA accounting policy guides and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 hospital key controls as defined by HCA Corporate. The Controller also maintains ongoing staff training and provides ongoing financial training for all non-financial managers.
Supports HCA by:
- Oversee the day to day functions of the accounting department
- Responsible for the month end close of six facility general ledgers
- Responsible for the preparation of the budget for six facilities
- Responsible for ensuring Mission Health System is compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 hospital key controls as defined by HCA Corporate
- Responsible for reviewing capital purchases for compliance with HCA fixed asset accounting policy
- Responsible for preparing lease reviews and getting approval for capital or operating leases in accordance with HCA accounting for leases accounting policy guide
- Ensure compliance with all HCA accounting policy guides
- Ensure statistical reporting compliance with all HCA QMIRS reporting guidelines
- Provide on-going financial training for all non-financial managers
- Liaison for the medical center with consolidated accounts payable
- Responsible for preparing for and managing all internal and external financial audits
- Provides on-going staff training
- Performs annual job evaluations using the Performance Management Plan format
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Position does require working some weekends and some holidays to meet month-end close and other deadlines
Required Education: BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance
Required License: CPA Designation Preferred
Required Experience: 3 years experience as a Controller in a small to medium hospital or Assistant Controller at a large hospital or equivalent.
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina and is the state’s sixth largest health system.
Mission Health has been named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in America for an unprecedented sixth time in seven years. Mission Health is fully committed to helping our community Be Well, Get Well and Stay Well. Experience the difference of an Achievers 50 Most Engaged WorkplacesTM employer, nestled in the 18-county region in the lush mountains in and around Asheville. Our progressive culture highlights and recognizes the strengths of our team members through innovative programs like StandOut. A Total Rewards program goes beyond traditional benefits to include tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, adoption assistance, pet insurance and more. The MyHealthyLifeTM staff wellness program has been recognized as one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest in Wellness" for two consecutive years.
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.